× For each unban request, create a new topic. Also add your in-game nickname in topic title please

Banned IP ranges in Firewall / RSC Banlist

7 years 10 months ago #19 by snakeplissken
Replied by snakeplissken on topic Banned IP ranges in Firewall / RSC Banlist
Every time a user with Dynamic IP restarts his Modem/Router, he's allotted new IP. There is very vast range of IPs of any particular ISP.

I know many forums where Admin are having very hard time blocking/banning users because the range of IPs is too much. And ultimately other innocent users of same ISP also get blocked in the process. This is quite irritating for other users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #20 by NL
yes the system is not perfect, but we work with what we have.
But to be honest, I do not have the experience so far we really create problems for innocent users, most players use different ISP's / IP ranges.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

7 years 10 months ago #21 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Banned IP ranges in Firewall / RSC Banlist
Lol Jo, I was kidding :)
In fact, as Shay said, it's just a desperation to play :gasp:

-VIS ET HONOR-

7 years 10 months ago #22 by Maki
How many players on our servers have the IP of Hungary? The best way to block this guy as said NL is to block this Fai .If an honest player in this country is prohibited because of this , we can make an exception after control and if he has not dynamic ip.

I do not know if it's possible, your opinion ?
: Embarassed:

7 years 10 months ago #23 by NL
Keep in mind that this is only one ISP, Hungary will have several ISP's. So only players that use the same ISP as Swinm would also be blocked.
If an innocent player would suffer from the IP range block it would be a problem because by definition he will also have a dynamic IP, so it is not possible to unblock just one IP in the range. Well it would be possible but not change the situation.

But like I said before, I only saw the provider used by Swinm and Fazer, as far as I know.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki, Femto

7 years 6 months ago #24 by NL
Banned ip range 61.76.215.0-61.76.215.255 for cookingcookies / mopswinger / boobs.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Maki

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)