× For each unban request, create a new topic. Also add your in-game nickname in topic title please

Unban Request - Gaza

6 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Gaza
Replied by Gaza on topic Unban Request - Gaza
Oh..here it is..
additional rules for admins
Keep it friendly
Only load next map if everyone agrees with it.
Don't change standard settings like respawntime, cooplives etc. If necessary, please reset settings.
Kicking is encouraged after warnings. Ban is encouraged after several kicks.
Usually no permanent bans, but increment 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks.
Report every banned player with description of reason.

You missed a few steps in your kicking/banning me.
Did you report that I was Banned?
Did you warn me I will be kicked or banned?

Cheers.
The topic has been locked.
6 years 2 weeks ago #8 by Gaza
Replied by Gaza on topic Unban Request - Gaza
Can you please modify the "Rules" so that players know?
Perhaps add a line like..
'If in the circumstances that an Admin wishes to kick any player, Players may be kicked at random without prior notice and/or warning.
Players who have a Digital copy of game could be kicked by any admin at any time."

It's just a suggestion.
It's just as well the player base is no more than a dozen players.
'Trust may be hard to gain' as you say, but so is Credibility.

Regards.
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #9 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Unban Request - Gaza
Well, it looks like you guys just have to suck it... one because he can't play and the
other because he knows that kind of player kicking is not at all polite. There's still
options:

1. Fix the widescreen bug causing the cd-key in use problem :nod:
2. Sue 2K Czech for not making the game adjust itself to your screen :D
3. Sue the ones who invented widescreen display :rofl:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
6 years 2 weeks ago #10 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Unban Request - Gaza
Gaza you are going a bit overboard with this mate.

You were not so much banned as kicked (you were banned for less than 30 seconds...), I always make reports about real bans, I am not going to justify every small thing that happens on the server.

If I can't join the game I have no way of communicating with you, but since I am admin I can temporarily ban you.
Yes, if I have to choose between myself or a random player I will choose myself. You may call that unfair, and I guess in a way it is but there are some arguments to be made why I have "more rights" than you. I can use our ban tool to send a message to the server, which I have done in the past. You would probably not be surprised that when I ask "can the players using a GOG or Steam version please disconnect so I can play" not much happens...let alone the fact that a lot of players don't even speak English. It doesn't work and one hour later I will still not be able to play.

First of all I am an active admin trying to keep the servers clean of misbehaving players, to do this I need to be able to play. Second I am an active member of the community, helping others in various ways and also keeping the forum clean of misbehaving persons. I understand this is not friendly and goes against one or two of our rules but I (we) never asked for GOG and Steam to publish the game without multiplayer functionality. I don't feel I should be the one to suffer, after all, I play with a copy that has full functionality for which I paid back in the day. I am not blaming you but it should be YOUR problem, not mine.

The widescreen mod does not seem to cause problems with players who have the full game (until proven otherwise). That you are not able to also enjoy widescreen is no argument in my opinion. I can enjoy it and it is something I am not willing to give up easily, unless there is really no choice. If the problem really gets big I may have to change my mind.

I understand getting kicked like that is frustrating and in fact unfair, just like it is unfair that I can not play because of you, I simply have more options in this case than you. Discussions about this will first be held within the clan.

Also it is a bit a pity that you take such a tone of voice when you could also first have asked questions, and maybe show some appreciation for the fact you can play on our servers, free of charge, that we maintain and manage. Not to mention the fact that we as a clan help keeping this game alive and offering a meeting place (this forum) for players to connect and even ask questions to an admin about their ban or rules. And they even answer and try to explain. You're welcome.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, ShayoX
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #11 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Unban Request - Gaza
Same problems with widescreen for everyone, no matter where you have the game from.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX
6 years 2 weeks ago #12 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic Unban Request - Gaza
Yeah widescreen mod causes problems for all H&D2 versions, pirate, retail and STEAM with GOG are affected by it.
  • Lukasz birthday is in 6 days (41)