Message to Rs_Emy / use of modified characters

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #31 by Sasha
Hello I have for you some interesting information

Rs_Emy aka MONKEY D DRAGO says that he is not a cheater, and for some reason feels bad to explain how he did it

so I as a fan to dig deeper in the game files have decided to help you with this issue

it makes the same file as the 250 rounds in the store Items.sav in TABLES

1 in the screenshot you can see a bazooka the ammunition section in red text "Items.sav original"

bottom black text that is already modified before the last digit of a number of 00 to 02 and the original is already in a modified form 01, the effect of this you can see on the screenshot 2

Yes, and on my own I want to add something that really uses TABLES Rs_Emy it can be said for the fact that many times I have seen him in a German form of the game for the Allies in the Capture mode ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL
The topic has been locked.
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #32 by Stern
Now you are teaching how to do it and more and more players will start to mod this file...

If you don't want more cheaters in server, delete the modding description and the screenshot of HexEditor!

Don't get it wrong..I'm not against you !
I'm against spreading knowledge of modding that can easily lead to cheating !

The one who hesitates is lost !
7 years 5 months ago #33 by NL
Stern, in principal I agree with you but:

-those who want to cheat probably already have "tables" and if not will be able to find them or get them from someone, that's how they spread in the first place.
-most won't be able to understand Hex editing.

But if the general consensus is the screenshots should be removed I can do it or wait for Chiter to do it.

I have to admit I no longer know how to deal with the existing use of the "alternative characters". If it were only NPC characters it would be fine (like we decided before) but if it means edited skills and the use of a folder called "tables" I am not so sure any more. Maybe it would be simpler to ban any use of altered files whatsoever.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
7 years 5 months ago #34 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Message to Rs_Emy / use of modified characters
Omg I don't want to defend him but why Rs_Emy, a player we know as fair and polite, should become a cheater after 13 years of HD2 beginning, at 40 years old and in Coop? It sounds with no sense to me.

I have also a question for Goblin: please could you explain this:

Goblin wrote: Now to Iraz,Razzi,Dario:
Now i know why you have sticky (magnet) bullets of all weapons ,you use in game.
I have asked you many times how can you shoot mp44 so accurately in long distance?
You have mp44 or mp40, and have accurasy of a sniper,no matter if you crouch,stand

or lie doun.
Yes,ofcrse you dont use cheats,but hacked character...

Thanks in advance.

-VIS ET HONOR-
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #35 by Goblin
I think you all saw the explanation above
It's one step for most to learn how to edit binary codes in hex editor. And it wouldn't be easy to keep servers clean of cheaters.
7 years 5 months ago #36 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Message to Rs_Emy / use of modified characters
Ok, so changing those numbers in that text you can improve character's skills :gasp:
Lol but it's hard for me to believe that Emy uses hacked characters :D

-VIS ET HONOR-
  • 43 birthday is today (57)