H&D2 "Lost Content" Early-Beta-Alpha Things

3 years 7 months ago #25 by Doc
Yes, we need everything we can get our hands on. Maybe all we need is hidden in plain sight and we don't see it yet.

All we need now is:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #26 by MR.47
Look doc we already have the source code of Deluxe edition and we didn't use it by any chance and here's a fact that the LS3D engine (h&d2 engine) is a heavily modification of insanity engine (h&d original (classic engine) )
Non of you guys have used it and the fact that you could create anything with limitless potential in that environment engine in no time including AN ENTIRE game because when I released the source code of the game the engine was built in the game.

Camouflage is the colour of fear... I have no need to hide from my foes... I have no fear of death. My colours I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live - I am proud to die".

3 years 2 months ago #27 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic H&D2 "Lost Content" Early-Beta-Alpha Things
2K Czech (earlier Illusion Softworks) must be unluckiest developers there ever was

They had to cut things here and there from Mafia 1 then Mafia 2 (A LOT), and Mafia 3 (they had to write scenario from scratch 7 times because of morons from 2K management and marketing department).

Same goes to H&D2 from what I can see.

Looks like they wanted to make the game on tweaked H&D (1999) engine, Insanity? They did same thing with Mafia when they decided to post pre-release screenshots, they seemed to use Insanity 2 engine before switching to LS3D

You can see here one of the very first Mafia screenshots ever taken. Looks like they were doing it on H&D assets first, perhaps it was meant to be an official mod who knows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, JonnySniper, Max., p.jakub88

3 years 2 months ago #28 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic H&D2 "Lost Content" Early-Beta-Alpha Things
i like the early arc1 version much more

3 years 2 months ago #29 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic H&D2 "Lost Content" Early-Beta-Alpha Things
i can remember to that making of video

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #30 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic H&D2 "Lost Content" Early-Beta-Alpha Things
https://netgames.de/PC/PC-Spiele/Shooter/Hidden---Dangerous-2---PC-DVD.html

I've found interesting text here about 9 campaigns. As far as I known there are 6 or 7 campaigns in Hidden & Dangerous 2 and I highly doubt that they'd advertise campaigns for Sabre SQuadron that wasn't releasted for at least one year after releasing H&D2 in 2003

Either there were 2 cut campaigns or the press already knew about expansion pack that will come after vanilla game and that it will include at least 2 campaigns. Interesting

There are some other press reviews where they emphasize campaigns taking place in Central and Western Europe while in fact we "only" (because it was quite a long one) had one campaign in Central Europe (Czech) and 2 shorter in Western Europe (Alps and France)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, WANGER

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)