Observation about Qtracker

2 years 6 months ago #7 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Observation about Qtracker

I also had problems starting a server on H&D2. The server was forwarded correctly, running and my friends were able to connect to it, but Qtracker wouldn't show it. Took a full 48 hours before suddenly it would appear there. I don't remember changing anything about the server besides the map.

What is the name of the server you are running? :)

"Straight and narrow is the path."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #8 by mökki medium
Replied by mökki medium on topic Observation about Qtracker
Doesn't really have a constant name, haven't yet decided if I'll end up hosting a proper server or not as this one has just been so I can play the maps I want with my friends.
Went under the name "Mökki server", currently called "Good mind server". Got the server to finally run under Linux so now I have a chance of setting it up 24/7. Wouldn't expect it to run for more than a few months even if I do set it up though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

2 years 6 months ago #9 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Observation about Qtracker

Doesn't really have a constant name, haven't yet decided if I'll end up hosting a proper server or not as this one has just been so I can play the maps I want with my friends.
Went under the name "Mökki server", currently called "Good mind server". Got the server to finally run under Linux so now I have a chance of setting it up 24/7. Wouldn't expect it to run for more than a few months even if I do set it up though.

Would you be so kind to share with us how to run a H&D2 server on Linux? We only managed on Windows thanks to Maletzki and on FreeBSD thanks to Toadlife. It would help the H&D2 community a great deal! It will be an important huge contribution from your part

"Straight and narrow is the path."

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)