A (maybe) new way to start the war...

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by Nikita
Hey mates, since some times i don't have any working internet box, so i can not join any server for the moment and i wait by playing in solo mode... :upset:

Doing that, i have discover something. Maybe it's not new for some of you, but please let me put some words about it.

In the very 1st mission in Lofoten island, you know very well that you have 2 ways : Making noise using classic weapons or being stealthy using silent weapons. Depending of your choice, Sygurd Vesaah will show you the standard path (by the road, with the German truck at the crossroads), or the secret path across the swamp. That's clear.

But i've experienced another way. Because of a bad graphic driver (for the moment, i'm using a professional OpenGL graphic card, and it's not very good for playing), i cannot record any video for the moment so i try to explain it here with words :

1 - Start the mission and don't be afraid to use loud weapons for killing the first enemies, near the cottage and on your way to meet Sygurd.

2 - By following the path along the swamp, join the area near the meeting point to Sygurd. When you see him and as he start to say "over here", just forget him and continue to the crossroads where is the German truck. So don't meet Sygurd at this point of time.

3 - At the crossroads, blow the truck and kill the enemies near.

4 - Come back to Sygurd and here's the surprise : Sygurd say to you "Excellent, they don't know you're here", just as when you use silent weapons, and then he lead you to the secret path across the swamp, just as if nothing had happened...

A precision : I play it two times, in very hard level, and it works. I don't know if it's a bug or something, but maybe it can be useful... ^^

I'll try to check it one more time with a good graphic driver ASAP, in order to record a video about that and in order to confirm and fine tune the process...

Well, for those who didn't know it, consider it as Nikita's New Year's gifts... And for the others, it's the proof whom Nikita is still in the race... :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Re: A (maybe) new way to start the war...
Hmm...I never tried that path. I think the enemies at
the truck are the one who may have heard you. So if you
go and kill them problem is solved.

Good find Nik. Remembers me when I first played Brest. I
didn't know there was a key, so I went to the the NW gat
aka the one you can open fully, and climbed up the post,
then on the lamp. When you climb the lamp, you have to lie
down immediately, and move your mouse down. They you'll
find yourself flying.

You stop at the top of the wall. You go at the side where
the fence meets the wall with an angle less than 90 degrees.
From there you try falling while laying down and hope you
don't die.

That's the only glitch I found by myself, took a few days lol
Don't know any other glitches.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #3 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Re: A (maybe) new way to start the war...
Well Snowman, so you have found the way to fly over the fence in Brest... Well done man, so you really are airborne certified, just as a true SAS... :lol:

It's funny to speak about our beginnings in H&D2... For my part, i remember when i have found the way to use stickies against tanks and vehicules, took some times too... :D

Speaking about glitches, i must admite that i am a pure noob about it. I remember the first times i played online, I saw every people speaking about glitchers... I was afraid to make a mistake on game and it was Damni who explain to me what is a glitcher... :) I have seen one day a player glitching at the Brest gate near the post, he shoot some bullets on the ground in front of the gate and then cross it "magically"... For my part, i'm not interested to know glitches or cheat codes or something, in H&D2 and for others games too. Why starting a game if it's for cheating or browsing the web looking for "solutions"...? Well, it's just my opinion... It's also true that we can find some glitches only by chance, it's another think...

Well, so we can say that H&D2 is not only full of bugs, it's also full of surprises... ;)

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #4 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Re: A (maybe) new way to start the war...
Hahaha, aaah now you remembered me about the stickies.
I always thought they were bugged. I thought you have
to throw them at the tank, not to plant it ;(

Yeah, Oscar and Steff tried to teach me about the wall
shooting glitch :whistle: , but I'm too dumb to do it if
I don't do it by mistake.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

12 years 3 months ago #5 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Re: A (maybe) new way to start the war...
Exactly the same for me, about the stickies... ;)

And how happy i was, just like a kid, when i found the four "dog tags" on the SAS bodies in the first mission in Burma... :surprised:

12 years 3 months ago #6 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Re: A (maybe) new way to start the war...

snowman wrote: I thought you have
to throw them at the tank, not to plant it ;(

Now that would have been a cool feature. Same with knives.. Wasn't there an early HD2 beta video where you could seen a soldier throwing one?

Yes, glitching can do half of a job, but if i see you doing it you learn for what birds got wings.
Except we're all on a glitchy mission. :D

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

• 43 birthday is today (57)