Jacobston's Uniform Mod

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #31 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Jacobston's Uniform Mod
Hi jacobston,
if you have changed the length of the filename (here: 2E_J-TYC.BMP) make sure you also edit the 8-bit value infront. If you did already i'm not sure what else could be the problem. A detailed overview about all values stored in any 4ds you can find on HD2 wiki .

Great work with the uniforms :gj:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #32 by =Pathfinder=
Replied by =Pathfinder= on topic Jacobston's Uniform Mod
Brother no worry with the helmet...the important is just the uniform and i already got this helmet from F.E.B uniform thx man :D

9 years 11 months ago #33 by jacobston
Replied by jacobston on topic Jacobston's Uniform Mod
I try to keep all of the file names the same length (just because I am a bit lazy, and do not want to do more work than necessary.) I opened the file for the US Arctic helmet (b_us_helmW) and I replaced the default textures (b_ge_helmgrt + b_ge_helmgr) with my new ones (b_US_HELMMET) + B_US_HELMME). But it seems that if I modify the model of the helmet at all it will disappear.

I even just tried replacing the .4ds file, without modifying it at all. I renamed the US Europe (b_us_helmE) to replace the US Desert helmet (b_us_helmA) and it still did not work, but if I do that to an actual uniform it will work. Is there another file altogether that i need to change to modify helmets?

9 years 11 months ago #34 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Jacobston's Uniform Mod
strange.. had any probs with other helmet models?

In general i'm always putting bym_ infront of all new images and models i'm going to modify.
Just for a better overview and not to make them overwrite other files.

I'm not aware of other helmet files guess it's the only one.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #35 by jacobston
It seems to be like that with all helmet files. If I modify the .4ds at all then it will disappear. The only difference that I can see between a uniform, which works, and a helmet, which won't work, is that a helmet can be taken off.

On another topic, I am planning on making a new British Medic uniform. Does anybody care if it is with or without the paratrooper smock?

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #36 by jacobston
Greetings once again,

As you may have noticed, I have not released a uniform pack in quite a while. I apologize for this, but school has been getting busy lately. On the upside, exams start next weeks, to in two week I will be back with more time to get things done.

Alas, as I felt bad for not having released any uniforms lately, so I put together some of Jamez's Uniforms which cannot be found because the German Fansite is down(what's the story on that, anyway?), as well as some of my own I whipped together today. This pack will include Jamez's British paratrooper uniforms, as well as a British green infantry uniform I put knocked up this afternoon and a medic uniform (which is really Jamez's uniforms with a red cross on the arm ;) ).

Jacobston's Uniform Mod v4.0

As for Hellcat, Feldmarshal and Pathfinder, I haven't forgotton about you. :whistle: Your uniforms are still coming. I will probably release them shortly after my exams are done. :gj:

And the same thing goes as before: if you have a request, concern, or any constructive criticism, please leave a post below.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max., iBeLKa, Feldmarshal

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)