POW maps?

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic POW maps?

Stern wrote:

betteryouthanme wrote: Am i right that POW and partisan is the same thing?

POW is a prisoner of war.
Partisan - Partisan

Was more referring to the difference in HD2 then the meaning of the words ;)
And what the heck is VTM?
POW, partisan, VTM.. i'm confused :confused: :D

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago #8 by NL
Replied by NL on topic POW maps?

betteryouthanme wrote:

I give description here

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 3 weeks ago #9 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic POW maps?

NL wrote:

betteryouthanme wrote:

I give description here

Skipped it :embarassed:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

9 years 3 weeks ago #10 by Blackakres78
Replied by Blackakres78 on topic POW maps?

NL wrote: Since you are a veteran, do you remember (if you were aware at all) the VTM (VIP Team Match) play style developed by the ~WCK~ clan around 2005?
I was part of this clan in those days and some of my my best game experiences are from those days.

You are either Defending your VIP or Trying to kill the opposing VIP. Only one team has the VIP at a time. Each map has been customly tailored to encourage teamplay, modifying weapons, uniforms, vehicles, and map items. These maps are currently designed for 16 player servers, 8 player teams. We personally suggest that you play with a team of friends instead of public players and we advise that you use teamspeak to coordinate your team.

NL,
I sure do remember the WCK clan in 2005. I do remember your tag as well. It's nice to see ya again! Yes, I did play the VIP game a number of times. It was a nice teamwork play given everyone was team oriented.

As for the POW I understand that the players these days are far less sophisticated but maybe it could be put out there along with the rules how to play it. Of course it largely involved imagination. I think the very best map for it would be Cz5. Its dark and difficult to see, adding to the suspense!

9 years 3 weeks ago #11 by NL
Replied by NL on topic POW maps?

Blackakres78 wrote:

NL wrote: Since you are a veteran, do you remember (if you were aware at all) the VTM (VIP Team Match) play style developed by the ~WCK~ clan around 2005?
I was part of this clan in those days and some of my my best game experiences are from those days.

You are either Defending your VIP or Trying to kill the opposing VIP. Only one team has the VIP at a time. Each map has been customly tailored to encourage teamplay, modifying weapons, uniforms, vehicles, and map items. These maps are currently designed for 16 player servers, 8 player teams. We personally suggest that you play with a team of friends instead of public players and we advise that you use teamspeak to coordinate your team.

NL,
I sure do remember the WCK clan in 2005. I do remember your tag as well. It's nice to see ya again! Yes, I did play the VIP game a number of times. It was a nice teamwork play given everyone was team oriented.

As for the POW I understand that the players these days are far less sophisticated but maybe it could be put out there along with the rules how to play it. Of course it largely involved imagination. I think the very best map for it would be Cz5. Its dark and difficult to see, adding to the suspense!

Hehe, NL is a tag I only use since I am a RpR "friend" and later member. In those days I played as Dronston.
Yeah the VIP game could be great fun with the right people. It was also nice that on some maps there were extra areas available by use of ladders.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 3 weeks ago #12 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic POW maps?
I still hope someone makes a coop game like The Great Escape :nod:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

• 43 birthday is in 1 day (57)