altering the mpmaplist

8 years 11 months ago #7 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic altering the mpmaplist
I tried to manipulate the maplist to add german uniforms and weapons, but it didn't work. :mm3:
Maybe other changes are required.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #8 by Mix
Replied by Mix on topic altering the mpmaplist
if it can be changed, then you have to do that in the items.dat file from the missions folder, right?

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #9 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic altering the mpmaplist
Sadly german uniforms cannot be chosen by players in coop. Theres a way around with tables but i conisder that as cheating and won't explain any further.

items.dat
Here you can add/change/remove the enemies equipment for each missions: weapons, uniforms, helmet, items. Also tanks ammunition.
If you have no interest in modding you don't need to worry about. If, you may read about the structure of the file on our wiki here

mpscripts.dta mpmaplist.txt ..was too early in the morning sorry :slap:
Defines which items, weapons, uniforms, .. can be choosen by the player himself.

Let's say you want the shotgun be availabe to choose in a mission (e.g Africa1)
Open mpmaplist.txt with any text editor of your choice, search for the Africa1 code part
and add following line:
<ITEM item_id="23" item_num="1" ammo_num="10"/>
23 is the item code for the shotgun, item_num sets the amount of how many shotguns can be chosen (by default it's one, you cannot carry more then 2 weapons anyway)
And ammo_num sets the amount of clips available. As written before axis equipment can't be chosen in coop besides the german knife. ;)

All items have their own ID. Check the list of items for all IDs.

Let us know if there's something unclear :cookie:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• 43 birthday is today (57)