Question to modders #2 - Scene.4ds

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1 by Nikita
Question to modders #2 - Scene.4ds was created by Nikita
Each question his topic, no way :lol:

So, modders here, i've a basic and noob question.
Without consideration for any collision issues, but just for let's say "graphics" or "visual", is it possible to :

1 - Open a Scene.4ds in 3dsmax
2 - Pick some elements and copy them
3 - Paste them in another different scene2.4ds
4 - Export this new scene2.4ds and eventually use it for a new map ?

Example : I want to pick a technical tower of the railway station in Trebissky map, and paste it let's say in the farmyard of Burgundy2 ( :gasp: )

This tower is unusable in game, one cannot enter it, so it's just about a decorative item. So, possible or not ?

Thanks for answers and advices. :mm1:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #2 by Kot Matro$$kin
Replied by Kot Matro$$kin on topic Question to modders #2 - Scene.4ds
Yes it's possible.
All you need is keep filename "scene.4ds".Because game use this filename.
I'm not sure that new object will have collisions.For physical interaction you should edit tree.klz. :rules:
P.S.
You mean this tower?

I dont see any more in scene.4ds

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #3 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Question to modders #2 - Scene.4ds
No, not the one on the foreground, the one on the background with its conic roof a bit like a windmill.
In fact, i want to try to convert it as such a windmill. :nod:

Thanks for answering, Kot Matro$$kin :gj: I guess i'll manage the edition of tree.klz in a next life ... :D

EDIT : About this windmill, maybe Snow has guessed in wich purpose i plan it, considering the stuff i gave him at the times of Corbinieres plan ... Not sure if i had some words about it, but it takes a crucial role in the first operation of French SAS in June 44, nearby the village of Plumelec, where Corporal Émile Bouétard, from the 4th French SAS, was killed just some minutes after landing, becoming officialy the first allied soldier killed in action on D-Day ...

But that's history ... :mm1:

EDIT 2 : The real windmill is this one, called windmill of La Grée. It's present days a memorial to the French SAS of D-Day.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #4 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Question to modders #2 - Scene.4ds
I remember you telling me about it :) Good luck with modding, Nik :D

"Straight and narrow is the path."

8 years 8 months ago #5 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Question to modders #2 - Scene.4ds
@Kot Matro$$kin: if you can tell me the names of the sectors of the cylindrical tank and the conical roof of the water tower in question, maybe I can export them by hex from the scene.4ds
Btw If you go near the building, you hear water glug.

What about the sails of the windmill?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #6 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Question to modders #2 - Scene.4ds
Well, about the sails, i'm not sure yet if there were some or if they were removed or destroyed by the Germans, i have to find informations about that point. Actually, this specific mill of La Grée was used as an observation post by the Germans during WW2, because it's logically located on top of a hill.

The drama is that, when the French SAS from the team Pierre1 led by Lieutenant Pierre Marienne were dropped here during the night of June 6, they didn't have this crucial information and became immediately detected by German guards. The result was without mercy : During the first hour, among the team of nine men, one dead, three captured including all radio operators and code tables. :(

It's there, at the hamlet named Le Haliguen, were Corporal Émile Bouétard was killed, by trying to protect the flight of the radio operators.
He was Breton and it had been hardly twenty minutes since he had jumped on his native land to free it.

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)