Request to modders - voice command

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1 by NL
I already spoke to Stern about this and he said he would take a look but I thought I'd open a topic for progress and / or other modders maybe willing to share their wisdom.

In the SP version of the game you have the sound file "in my line of fire". It would be great if we somehow could activate this in multi-player because it happens often someone takes a position blocking your fire. I never understood why it is not in MP. A logical combination that is available is 027 or 088, but any would do.

If at all possible everybody should have the modification for it to work but I guess in theory this could be included in a new CMP installer (?) or could maybe be distributed through the forum and advertised in a server message.

I won't keep my hopes up but hope that someone can do it!

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Femto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Request to modders - voice command
First version is here:
Lineoffire

Attachment not found

I selected silent commands because they are quite useless in MP.

Have to test if if other player in Dedic server will see and hear it correctly.

It replaces files !:
Text\EnglishUS\Dialogs.bin
Text\EnglishUS\TEXTY.txt

Adds 8 sound files.

If this works, maybe SP have some more useful commands that can be added to MP.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL, Femto

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #3 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Request to modders - voice command
wow that was fast Stern!
It works for me on the servers, did not test with others.

:gj: :love: :party:

BTW are you replacing or adding sounds this way?

7 years 11 months ago #4 by Feldmarshal
Replied by Feldmarshal on topic Request to modders - voice command
It's work for me very well :)

You will not grow if you are not willing to change yourself

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #5 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Request to modders - voice command
As you already know Stern it actually works well on the servers between other players!

Word of warning though, it does replace the original sounds (also in single player), if possible it would be preferable to add sounds and keep the originals. Also because players who don't have the modded files could give an original command causing perhaps confusion (a silent "follow me" would become "in my line of fire" for a player using the modded files and so on, at least I assume it would work that way).
So maybe for now players should make a backup of the original files.

I have looked through some SP commands and not too many seem very useful (most are in MP anyway) although those under 03 and 06 have some actions that could be used like destroy, silent kill, heal and so on.

But there are some lines in SP that could be fun to be able to use like "that was close!" or "under fire". (of course won't help with our no spam policy ;) )

Edit: will this also work for players using a different language than English or would that need a modification per language?

Great job man!

7 years 11 months ago #6 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Request to modders - voice command
I took original "In my line of fire" sounds(unpacked from sounds.dta) and renamed them to have "Follow me (s)" names,
now when the game engine plays sound 90000532.WAV, it will play it from the Sounds folder, it has Follow me (s) name but has "In my line of fire" voice.

I think this works this way:
There are 4 sets of voice commands for each command (different voice types) and all commands in Dialogs.bin file heve 4 sets too, all of them have to be replaced.
First of 4 sets for "Follow me (s)" is 90000033,
First for "In my line of fire" is 90000102,
when this 90000033 for "Follow me (s)" is changed to something that doesnt exist (900033) and then 90000033 is added to "In my line of fire" (instead of 90000102) then game engine thinks that it must show "In my line of fire" and play sound 90000033.WAV.

Language must be translated, i made it for english only.

"Under Fire" can be useful.

All commands can be made fully custom, with custom voices and custom text in menu and on-screen.

The one who hesitates is lost !

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)