doors

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #1 by Polanski
doors was created by Polanski
Hello everyone! First, congratulations for your web and your excellent work in H&D2!!! :^^: :^^:
Well, I'm editing a map and I'd like to put a door. I add the definition and the lightmap but I do not know where to find the model. Do you need the doors on the original map to modify them? In my map don't have!

Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic doors
Hi :)
Welcome to our forums :party:

I'm not a modder yet, but if I also wanted help with a gate on Brest. It's the gate on the South-Eastern
wall, the one with access to the main compound from the Barracks. Steff managed to put a door there
that will open, but you can't go trough it. Invisible wall.

Best wishes with your plans :)

"Straight and narrow is the path."

6 years 11 months ago #3 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic doors
Thank you very much for the welcome!
I will look for Brest, but obviously I would like to go through it !! :D :D

6 years 11 months ago #4 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic doors
Hello Polanski welcome,

Where exaclty do you want to add a door? As Flo wrote there could be some problems with collisions.

I recently imported a door on Libya3 mission.
It was not that complicated but it helps a lot if you have 3ds Max (64-bit) and hdmaster's plugin installed. Then positioning goes a lot faster.. ;)

As there was no door in the first place i've edited scene.4ds, added the door mesh and it's associated BMP. I've just copied the cell door from Libya1 (downstairs, where the prisoners are that you have to free) It's called HV01_174 and the bmp: G_AF6_018.BMP

If you don't know about the 4ds format, infos can be found here .
Each image has an ID. First image id1, second id2 and so on. Always add new bmp at the end of the image section otherwise all you ids are getting messed up.

Your new mesh object then needs that image ID so it load the correct image on your mesh.

Hmm i wouldn't understand myself if i read this.. :D
I've uploaded my edited and the original Libya3 scene.4ds so you can simply compare them with any Hex Editor.
Well just ask if there are further questions.

There's an easier way as there's already a door model existing: l_door.4ds
Add a new model in your bin file, add the door definition and that's it.

In the definition you can make several adjustments on door behaviour, have a look here .

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #5 by Polanski
Thank you very much!!! I already have it! It was VERY EASY !! I understand now!

I'm working on Normandy 4, a map for a french resistance. :happy: :happy:

I guess you already know this door, it comes from Libya. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN!

What map do you work on? :movies:
Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #6 by Polanski
However, I see that I can: open, close and force the door. But the keys are not functional! I really want to be able to block them.

Can you send me your actor and definition of your door? I think it will be much easier!

thank you very much!!

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)