4ds collision

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #1 by Polanski
4ds collision was created by Polanski
How the collisions work in a simple model? It seems are defined in 4ds or have to put in the definition? But, from where I can take an example of simple object definition? I can make a transparent dummy box with collision to simulate this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #2 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic 4ds collision

Polanski wrote: I can make a transparent dummy box with collision to simulate this?

Yes you can use this kind of dummy collision.

I used it to prevent glitching in two places in Blitz and to give collision for tiger tank wreck.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polanski

6 years 11 months ago #3 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic 4ds collision
Thank you! I'm using your collision1, but for some reason it doesn't work...

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #4 by Stern
Did you export it from Objects and Definitions ? You need both of them, then import them to your Actors.bin and set new coordinates and size...

Here is a program to Import Objects and Definitions to Actors.bin.
https://www.rprclan.com/forum/23-modding/2821-actors-bin-size-correcting?limitstart=0

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #5 by Polanski
Replied by Polanski on topic 4ds collision
Oh! Great software! it's great! I can import the collision1 actor well but it does not work with the definition. It works in previous versions of my actor, but now it only adds the definition to the end of the file, without appearing in DCED ...

Maybe it's broken actors? :-/

EDIT: Your script is perfect. Now with my actor arranged, imports actors and definitions without problems. However, I still do not detect the collision in the game.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #6 by Stern
Actors.bin can get broken If you use DCED to rename or delete something in the Definition section.
Then some "rubbish" (unwanted symbols) will appear to the end of the file and If you add something after that, then anything that is added after that rubbish, game can not read it...

This collision1 from Blitz is very thin, make it to a box that has maybe 5*5*5 meters and yes its transparent, you cant see it.

Same kind of collision is used in Burg1(BrokenArrow), to make collision for the tank wreck at the first spawn point.
Try to use this one if collision1 doesnt work.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Polanski

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)