Scripts do not work

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1 by Sasha
Scripts do not work was created by Sasha
I use scripts with training materials from the rpr disk, slightly changing them for myself does not work scripts on the crew of the tank.

If the soldier without weapons, he just runs away. If with weapons, it shoots but does not sit down in the tank.

Mpscripts.dta edited by the instructions but nothing works.

help me please. I have already sorted out a lot of things but here the scripts do not come out okay

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #2 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Scripts do not work
Well WordPad is not a very good choice to work with scripts. I suggest Notepad++ .

If you handle the mpscripts.dta file with HD2 Scripter you have to fix the file with a Hex Editor afterwards:
  1. Go to the end of the file and remove the last 2 dots
  2. Fix the file size value which is always at 0x02-0x05 position

You can also upload both files somewhere so i can have a look.
With what instructions did you edit the mpscripts.dta?

About your scripts i cannot see a serious problem. Just a few notes:
  • You have defined a few integers which you do not use (Atype, rnd, firstalarm)
  • SetAlarmType(768, 1) is not required as you activate all alarm types with SetAlarmType(1023, 1) in previous line anyway
  • Don't know what's the max value for sightrange but 1000 should be sufficient
  • The number you wrote into HUMAN_DriveNearPlayer(a) represents the driving speed in km/h, 2000 seems a bit over the top ;)

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sasha

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #3 by Sasha
Replied by Sasha on topic Scripts do not work
Thanks for the recommendations) I will remember this,I was already able to get the script to work, the problem was this:

HD2 scripter form mpscript.dta and in the beginning something like an Indeifier?

In the screenshot is 00 00 ea 0a 00 00 : just copy and paste into the mission mpscript.dta file in the beginning so it worked for me.

Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #4 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Scripts do not work
This 4-bytes value represents the file size. See attached images.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sasha

6 years 9 months ago #5 by Sasha
Replied by Sasha on topic Scripts do not work
Thank you! Now I understand everything) and everything will be much easier to do than before)

• 43 birthday is today (57)