New AF6 Singleplayer Mission

6 years 9 months ago #13 by Sasha
Replied by Sasha on topic New AF6 Singleplayer Mission
Okay, talk and enough. I've been waiting and waiting for feedback on the gameplay that you need to change. I do not think that with textures something can be done

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #14 by NL
Replied by NL on topic New AF6 Singleplayer Mission
Maybe I did something wrong but I gave up on the mission for a few reasons:

-walking is very slow and sometimes walking is not animated, you "glide" over the ground.
-driving a jeep through the first part of the mission is very tricky, you flip easily
-I was not able to get the jeep through over the mountain range to the North, so I drove to the river up to the waterfall, but did not see a way down with a jeep. So I jumped off the waterfall and walked the rest. Very slow walking, saw about 4 or 5 soldiers along the "road", nothing else. The walking was frustrating so I stopped playing the mission because I felt something was wrong with it, no scripts probably. Again, I would like some install instructions, it is not clear to me where to copy some of the files. There is no original Africa6 map in my missions folder.
-Sorry but I think the ground texture is ugly too, would be good if something could be done about it. If not I could live with it if the mission is interesting enough.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Sasha

6 years 9 months ago #15 by Sasha
Yes it will go down hard. In the next version there will be another spawn and yes bots while little of their skiptas are also being made and will be more logical arrangement of bots

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #16 by Sasha

NL Wrote : -walking is very slow and sometimes walking is not animated, you "glide" over the ground.

Fixed it for spawn in the mountains

-driving a jeep through the first part of the mission is very tricky, you flip easily
-I was not able to get the jeep through over the mountain range to the North, so I drove to the river up to the waterfall, but did not see a way down with a jeep. So I jumped off the waterfall and walked the rest. Very slow walking, saw about 4 or 5 soldiers along the "road", nothing else.

In the next version everything will be redone
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL

6 years 9 months ago #17 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic New AF6 Singleplayer Mission
Installation: I guess you have to copy the missions folder “Africa6” from the archive to your missions directory. For the HD2 scripts directory, a folder “Africa6” should be created, then copy the scripts files from the archive there.
Is that right?
It would be good to have some kind of readme included.

You need to adjust the height position of the player spawn points. They are too high above ground, therefore walking animations are distorted and commands like “follow” won’t work. (guess it’s fixed already?)

@NL: It is possible to drive the jeep through the northern area to the valley where the enemy is. Jumping down the waterfall is not necessary ;)

No idea how to improve the textures.

Maybe you want to try the two Africa6 race maps (files/custom maps /death match) to get familiar with the landscape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL, Sasha

6 years 9 months ago #18 by Sasha
Yes, with the impossibility of movement I figured out but here's the command follow me does not want to work .. I did not do anything anymore

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)