Modding maps with fences

3 years 3 months ago #19 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Modding maps with fences
Just a little test with giving the ground near fences the characteristics of barbed wire, here for the south part of the outer fence on Burgundy1. Particles and sounds might be added by scripts or by placing effects/sounds. Bots shouldn’t move too close to the fence.

The file with 7z ending must be extracted. Copy the tree.klz to an extracted or modded missions directory of the Burgundy1 co-op map.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #20 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Modding maps with fences
I extracted the tree.klz file, both on my machine and on server, to the Missions folder named Burg_1. Tried cutting fences with the wire cutter on the outer fences, didn't get hurt.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Reverted the changes, and waiting for instructions :)

"Straight and narrow is the path."

3 years 3 months ago #21 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Modding maps with fences
It’s only for the green marked part of the fences.

Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #22 by snowman
Chances are I tested on the wrong map/ mission :punch:

I wanted to test and post a screenshot. That's no longer needed, but I will keep testing once my Missions folder matches the actual test mission :lol:

So now we should only make a switch work and attach the functionality to that fence or any fence? :whistle:

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #23 by snowman
I needed the actual Burgundy 1 missions folder the CMP does not offer. Thank you, Ted for sending it over :happy:

I call this progress :lol:

Warning: Spoiler!

We should be able to implement this function to the actual fence since right now the ground is doing the damage, not the fence itself. Not to mention that I tried to cut a hole twice and got electrocuted and killed twice 2/2.

So where are we now?

Is it possible to implement this effect to one fence object for testing aka getting electrocuted if you touch or try to cut the fence? Then we can try to add this functionality to whole fence and use an actual switch to turn it on/off...

Attachments:

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #24 by snowman
Basically, what is needed to make this idea work, to Nikita's request and what Stern & Ted suggested, would be to make a 3d model or use something we already have in game, then add the barbwire effect. This should work if it's wide enough, like Ted's example. If that worked we can add something under the fence and when you get close enough, touching it, you should start losing health. Then connect that to the switch to turn electricity On/Off.

Something like this concrete foundation or maybe a simple solution if it's possible:

Attachments:

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)