Lutsip LS3D Editor

3 years 5 months ago #7 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
A historic day like in 2011 when Sabre Squadron was extracted and we were able to make mods for the add-on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Damni, FlashX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #8 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
Hi folks,

Sorry had to start the editor first before posting here so i could actually believe it. You guys did an amazing job.
If i think about all the hours you spend to give us this fancy tool.. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
This will make even me coming back to make some new challenging missions if i have not unlearnt it ;)

So enough of praise, my next post is about suggestions then.. :D *sinking back into Lutsip*

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, FlashX

3 years 5 months ago #9 by pudingus
Replied by pudingus on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
Outstanding work! Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FlashX

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #10 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
Thank you flash, do appreciate what you've done for every one.

code application isn't easy job.

Better u than me, can not wait to see what your able to-do next, Zenda and he god magic, if you know he's work like myself..

wait to you see what he will deliver.

Then ted and stern, highly in the known of hd2.

Then i like to see general motors, DARK. hd master. yeah they are few modders. what can we expect next to happen ?

Pull your socks up, tighten formation. 3 new items this very week.

God has blessed you with new tools. Now God wants to see...

What you capable off and able do with new tools.

We will have to see the future is near.

Once again thanks to flash. salute.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, FlashX

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #11 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
Don't know what's in the making or you have in mind already but here are a few points that i miss or that would be useful:
  • possibility to deselect objects, maybe with key combination (e-g ctrl + d/u)
  • jump camera to selected object
  • If i add spawzone actor, nothing happens? Same for other actors too?
  • Would be nice to create spawnzones directly on the map.4ds file (orthographic view)
  • option to stick inspector and toolbar to a fixed position on left or right side, so it's always available
  • Would be nice to create spawnzones directly on the map.4ds file (orthographic view)
  • Create multiple checkpoints in a row
  • add the option to view the bin files in a table layout (as in RevngEd2 Editor with edit function

That's all for now :D

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

3 years 4 months ago #12 by FlashX
Replied by FlashX on topic Lutsip LS3D Editor
I really like how demanding HD2 modders are... :D I would expect they would be satisfied with everything... :P But I'm ok with that, I want to hear these suggestions... :)

Possibility to deselect objects: LEFT SHIFT is the key you need... :) As you can select multiple objects, you can even deselect them the same way... :)

Jump camera to selected object: END key, it's even mentioned in the readme file

Orthographic view – zones creation: Yeah... The orthographic view was designed as the last feature few days before release, so its features aren't so extensive, it's mainly focused for creating maps and textures for them... Without that, it would be almost impossible for you to create the map... I'll make a note and maybe try to add it in the future, it would take a lot of time... It's not like writing just some positions to 4DS, you would have to generate triangular faces from them, test if the shape is convex and lot of other things I cannot imagine right now... My editor wasn't designed to create geometry, this can be done pretty easily in Blender... :) I doubt that the developers did this in their editor...

Sticking windows: Inspector and toolbar docking to the main window would be definitely useful, I know about it... It should be implemented in the future, but it was never the priority number one...

To create multiple checkpoints in a row: There's a copy tool implemented, you can set how many copies you'd like to create (it will create them in the same direction and with the same distance between them) ;)

Viewing bin files content: The editor was developed to avoid this... So implementing this would take much time since the editor is already designed as it is... I know it would be nice, but I don't think we really need this... I'm still just the only person working on that.. Each feature should be made easiest as possible (but it wasn't really my attitude, since I found time to create custom UI)
Please consider yourself what's really needed and what isn't ...

To be honest, I'm pretty tired after all that work... It took more than a year to make this and got nothing from that, except the experience of course... I spent almost every my free second working on that, just because I always wanted to have an editor for this awesome game and share it with the community... :confused:

This is probably the most extensive project I will ever make just myself...
I'd like to work on something new now...
I must also prepare for the matura exam, since I'm graduating this year... So I won't have much time now...
But you can definitely expect some minor updates in the future... But to be honest, I'm losing motivation for adding some new complex stuff, that would take weeks to make... :undecided:
I'm satisfied with most of the editor's parts as it is, you can reach almost everything with them... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, p.jakub88, MR.47

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)