H&D2 Editor Kickstart

3 years 3 months ago #25 by Ulrich Stern ITA
Replied by Ulrich Stern ITA on topic H&D2 Editor Kickstart
WOW ! I am damn impressed !

This is the most oustanding, daring job i ever seen for this game.

Sticky missions in Normandy, a larger Czech map... you guys are GENIUS.

Stuff like this would transform the game completely in a whole new product. It would be like Hidden & Dangerous 3 !

AMAZING.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #26 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic H&D2 Editor Kickstart
First paragraph with removing that black stripe with walking beyond mission boundaries sounds great. When I was a child I always wanted to explore that small bits of area where you couldn't get, because it'd result in mission failure.

Does camera in tactical mode apply to this aswell? Like, can you move camera off the boundaries aswell (e.g in Blade Dancer there is a tower which holds german sniper, it's located bit far away from the player, been always wondering what's inside it, not like you can get in there because it's just a tower with no road/textures underneath it but still..curiosity)

I also have a question, which I made a post about somewhere else - would you possibly be able to make a feature allowing us to turn ragdoll off/on? H&D2 is outstanding yet underrated game but ragdoll in this game is bollocks...to certain extent, bodies dropping after being shot fall way unnaturally. Hell, ragdoll itself is weird in most of the games, but here it's just bad...Wish they made H&D3 with Euphoria engine, that'd feel amazing, just like in GTA4 where every gun felt special in it's own way and NPC bodies reacted accordingly to place they've been shot.

3 years 2 months ago #27 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic H&D2 Editor Kickstart

Stern wrote: If its possible to add/combine/merge maps then Normandy2 3 4 makes good map together.

Normandy is perfect because it offers real battle scene with small town look and real looking streets and buildings.
Its europian town that is something that most people are used to see when they go outside.
Buildings are demolished but it feels more like home than Libya or Africa missions...

Just a fantasy picture how it would be useful to connect N2 N3 N4
In the red circle might be the mission start and it offers two paths to go forward.

Those combined maps look great. Where did you guys managed to get Normandy 4? While I know first part (which is from Blade Dancer), and the bridge map (in multiplayer) I didn't know there was Normandy4. Was it located somewhere in game files? Or fan-made?

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #28 by DanJ
Replied by DanJ on topic H&D2 Editor Kickstart
Normandy 4 is in game since beginning I think.
For sure the first version of the map was created intentionally to play it as a occupation (capturing a flags) mod by dev. You can check it be yourself, in the game try to created a server, put server settings as occupation and chooice a Nm4 map.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• 43 birthday is today (57)