Mapdownloader possibility Brainstorming

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #13 by Maletzki
Replied by Maletzki on topic Mapdownloader possibility Brainstorming
TBH, the most easiest solution is to upload all maps into a Github and create (or use) a application which synchronize the data between Github and the local folder (like Nextcloud).

I think we have enough personal to maintain that directory. So we can basically have it up-2-date every time the client is running.

//Edit: I think Hawk made something like that years ago, he used some Tortoise Application (as far as I remember).

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #14 by Maletzki

ThomasTailor93 wrote: TBH, the most easiest solution is to upload all maps into a Github and create (or use) a application which synchronize the data between Github and the local folder (like Nextcloud).

I think we have enough personal to maintain that directory. So we can basically have it up-2-date every time the client is running.

//Edit: I think Hawk made something like that years ago, he used some Tortoise Application (as far as I remember).

Maybe just another hint:

we CAN use Nextcloud for this - this is not really hard to maintain, I also can provide space for that.

We can create two users: one admin and one user. People like snowman, BYTM, Stern and other map creators can have admin access, all other people can have the user access.

What do you guys think about it?

Playing H&D2 since 2007.

3 years 4 months ago #15 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic Mapdownloader possibility Brainstorming
Something like that isnt a big deal.
its also possible to give a signal of missions are allready running online or running at the most .
but we should give players without a knowledge of this community a chance to be up to date,too.

3 years 4 months ago #16 by Maletzki

JonnySniper wrote: Something like that isnt a big deal.
its also possible to give a signal of missions are allready running online or running at the most .
but we should give players without a knowledge of this community a chance to be up to date,too.

Sure, but honestly, everybody is getting in touch with RpR nowadays. Mostly because there is no big documentation around except here. And all guys, who visiting hidden-and-dangerous.net, are known here vice-versa. Also we have to say, that without the encourage of snowman this game wouldnt exist anymore, tbh.

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, p.jakub88

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #17 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Mapdownloader possibility Brainstorming

ThomasTailor93 wrote:

JonnySniper wrote: Something like that isnt a big deal.

Sure, but honestly, everybody is getting in touch with RpR nowadays. Mostly because there is no big documentation around except here. And all guys, who visiting hidden-and-dangerous.net, are known here vice-versa. Also we have to say, that without the encourage of snowman this game wouldnt exist anymore, tbh.

There are so many guys and gals out there that might be joining H&D2, but they either don't know if the game is still played online or haven't heard of it yet... This feature would be of great help to them. Any other similar tools/ideas to simplify the process is at least worth trying to implement, for the sake of others.

I'm only here because I've met great characters like you and everyone else I know... plus others we will soon meet. We could get used to getting together more often, talking or just playing, when time permits or at least on occasional events :sas:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maletzki

3 years 4 months ago #18 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Mapdownloader possibility Brainstorming
Only logical solution to distribute this system is to add it to GOG version !
If possible then download address could be managed by QTracker,
This way its automatic.

The one who hesitates is lost !

• iBeLKa birthday is today (31)
  • 43 birthday is in 3 days (57)