Modding player animations

3 years 1 month ago #7 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic Modding player animations

Max. wrote: Yep, HumanStore.def and items.dat. Find me in Discord (RpR server channel; Nick - Max Finsky) maybe i can tell you more about it...

Thanks man!

What about weapon holding animations? The way enemies hold them that is. How difficult would that be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #8 by mapi95_7

snowman wrote:

mapi95_7 wrote: I see, but since I don't play multiplayer (there are no available server in the browser)

Please check this Play Online article :nod:

Will do, thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #9 by mapi95_7
Yo guys to make it clearer and better to understand

1. This is how we (players) hold weapons while crouching for example

2. This is how enemies hold weapons (or NPC allies)

2nd variant feels more natural and is actually correct, even in real life it's more ergonomic. As I've underwent weapon combat training, we've been taught that whenever you have weapon out and you're idling (waiting to shoot, or holding weapon after shooting) you hold it tight to your body i.e preventing your weapon from being taken by enemy. You can try it yourself whenever you'll have an opportunity with a handgun for example, hold it tightly with your both hands close to your breast (right or left, depending on whether you are left handed or right handed) and you'll get my point

:D

If it's do-able or if there is a mod that exists and does that, I'll be grateful. I can either pay through paypal, bank account or gift you some steam games up to 100/150 euro let's say.

Cheers and thanks in advance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, WANGER

3 years 1 month ago #10 by mapi95_7
Bumping the thread (sorry if this is considered spam), hoping I'll get a help with my concern :)

3 years 1 month ago #11 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Modding player animations
I have forwarded your question on Discord. Only Prosabre has answered that the animation could be changed by scripts :confused:

Concerning character animations, Dayron has also asked if we can change the walking speed of the character to one similar enemy/ allied patrols. They move slower than player characters do. The player character's normal walking speed is similar to NPC patrolling speed when alerted.

It would be cool to make a bundle and somehow see these changes in the game. I don't know if it's possible... just like shooting the Bren from standing.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

3 years 1 month ago #12 by mapi95_7

snowman wrote: I have forwarded your question on Discord. Only Prosabre has answered that the animation could be changed by scripts :confused:

Concerning character animations, Dayron has also asked if we can change the walking speed of the character to one similar enemy/ allied patrols. They move slower than player characters do. The player character's normal walking speed is similar to NPC patrolling speed when alerted.

It would be cool to make a bundle and somehow see these changes in the game. I don't know if it's possible... just like shooting the Bren from standing.

Awesome, thanks for forwarding my concern. I believe that there are amazing people who can make as amazing changes within the game. As for shooting Bren/ZB while standing/crouching - it's do-able, saw couple of posts on hidden-and-dangerous.net and even some old yt movies recorded in H&D2.

• 43 birthday is in 2 days (57)