Mod Manager

2 years 11 months ago #7 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Mod Manager
No, sorry, I wasn't very precise

It didn't crash anything, except that the server manager stopped reading the mpmaplist file. This after I launched the program as Admin. There are over 200 missions there and it says it found only one... maybe the one the Mod Manager installed (didn't see it installed in mpmaplist.txt) Plus it looked like the bug I mentioned in the source code thread. Nothing showed up anymore. I've restored an old backup of the game folder and everything works fine now

"Straight and narrow is the path."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #8 by MeToX
Replied by MeToX on topic Mod Manager
Oh haha, alright. I was quiet shocked for a second. This happened on windows server 2000 correct?
I will have a closer look at the mpmaplist algorithm. Could you send me the mpmaplist in discord? I want to track down this error asap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #9 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Mod Manager

I will have a closer look at the mpmaplist algorithm. 

Cant you use some pre-coded HTML parser/edit component ?

The one who hesitates is lost !

2 years 11 months ago #10 by MeToX
Replied by MeToX on topic Mod Manager
Thank you Stern for your suggestion.
When I started to implement this feature I was considering using a 3rd party library/SDK for that, but those have usually a lot of other functions I would not need in this application, so I decided to program my own solution.
In my tests it worked also quiet well, even if you would try to merge more than one map into a huge mpmaplist, but there also some mechanics which prevents the user from merging in a map which was already found in the mpmaplist, so maybe it has something to do with that, but I will have a look.

Feel free to keep me updated about other bugs, I would like to push the final release as quick as possible. I think it is a nice tool for people to organize their mods. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

2 years 11 months ago #11 by snowman
We need to create a section with tools to make tools like the Mod Manager, and others, more popular to the H&D2 community.

2 years 11 months ago #12 by snowman

Test it again. The setting that modifies the maplist doesn't work very well :) Some missions from the maplist were removed and for some reason the logs say there's only mission in the maplist. I don't understand

Attachments:

• 43 birthday is in 1 day (57)