Today In History

8 years 4 months ago #337 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Today In History
On the same day, Mussolini declared war as well. This is the only speech that I found about it. No subtitles, sorry :(

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #338 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Today In History

As usual with Mussolini, the little runt licking his master's ass ...

He already did the same with France, in 1940, when he invaded the Alps ... If he was not so stupid, maybe he realised at the time that it was already an error ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

8 years 4 months ago #339 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Today In History
Italy was not ready for a war. However to attack France, a Country already down, it was just a shit...

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

8 years 4 months ago #340 by Nikita

You said everything, Funzo ...:mm1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #341 by Nikita

December 14, 1972

Apollo XVII , the last mission of the U.S. lunar exploration program, leaves the moon.

Commander Eugene Cerdan's last words from the surface of our natural satellite :

" Bob, this is Gene, and I'm on the surface; and, as I take man's last step from the surface, back home for some time to come - but we believe not too long into the future - I'd like to just (say) what I believe history will record. That America's challenge of today has forged man's destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the Moon at Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17. "

I was 10, i'm 53 now and i still find the same taste of an unfinished melody ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

8 years 3 months ago #342 by Maki
Replied by Maki on topic Today In History
The largest crocodile attack in history :surprised:

The story begins in 1942 when the Japanese army, a member of the Axis, seized the island of Ramree along the southern Burma. The island, which lies off the country, is rapidly becoming an essential part of the military strategy of the Axis who moved an artillery base at long range. From there, the Japanese military forces are conducting major attacks against the British landing ships in the region. Thus, when the site was discovered by the Anglo-American intelligence, its elimination is a priority for the Royal Navy.

In January 1945, the Allies launched into an attack to regain Ramree Island and its neighbor, the island of Cheduda, in order to establish air bases and facilitate at the same time the final victory. A few weeks after the fighting began, and while the English are preparing an offensive, the head of the British airborne battalion, Andrew Wyert sends a reconnaissance group in the heart of the island of Ramree. Discovering that the mangroves of the island are filled with saltwater crocodiles, the officer takes the decision to push the enemy troops there.

On February 19, the British troops, which are however ill-equipped to wetlands, grow more than a thousand Japanese soldiers at the end of a specific swamp. The Japanese division imagines while obtaining an advantage because it is better prepared for this type of terrain. Gradually, the British decided to withdraw to the coast, leaving the face of Japanese, but a small section covered by artillery. After being away from the fighting, the British officers are beginning to scrutinize the marsh and attend a horror show.

Finally, the next morning, after several hours of terrible carnage, the few survivors out of the deadly swamp. Of the 1215 Japanese elite soldiers present that day, there was only one left twenties who was captured by the English. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, Rs_Funzo

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)