Today In History

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #355 by Serkses
Replied by Serkses on topic Today In History
Nikita fascism is wrog side for you, but for a lots of Germans, Italians and all this friendly countries of Germany it was fantastic. I do not support fascism but I also do not support this "democracy" what we have now. In Poland "democracy" is more like communism.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #356 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Today In History
Yeah, i understand what you mean, Serkses, you're right, lot of (the majority ?) the people of the Axis power really believed they were right. Let's make it clear, for me fascism will always be the wrong side. Also, about what takes place in Poland today, i follow a bit the news here from my country and i also feel that it's not a good way. The point is that, correct me if i'm wrong, Andrzej Duda was elected and here's the very point that shows that people are responsible of what they do, even and mostly in a "democracy". Democracy doesn't means peace and heaven for everyone, the good boys wins and the bad boys loses, democracy means, since its Greek primitive sense, that people have, in their own hands, the power to chose their own destiny. I belong to those people who thinks that people have the power, for the better or for the worse. You know, here in France, we really have the danger that, on presidential and legislative elections that will come, the extreme right wing, that i qualify of fascist, will acceed to the state power. If it happens, it will be the choice of the majority of French people. I'll be against it, i maybe will fight it but i cannot blame the democratic system that brings them to power. :mm1:

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #357 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Today In History
maybe OT, Monte Cassino is a playable map in the Battlefield 1942: Road to Rome add-on.
Wish we had more maps based on real WW2 locations (Villers-Bocage ?) in HD2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

8 years 2 months ago #358 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic Today In History

snowman wrote: The italians could've thought about this before joining the war on the
wrong side. Nothing happened by accident.

In my opinion nazi-fascism was the wrong side, Snow. But bombing an Abbey is not an act of war. About the armistice of 1943, as I said several times Italians were not ready for war. In fact they didn't want war. They just have been deceived by a crazy man (Mussolini), that has been deceived by another crazy man (Hitler).
The armistice means that Italians realized which was the wrong side. I understand you Serkses, because in your Country Communism did many bad stuffs and it was the wrong side.

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #359 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Today In History
The feeling of brotherhood was okay. You felt like you belong to something greater than you
and all you did was for your country. If the country was run by a megalomanianc and the people
agreed they could take over or control other territories while murdering and torturing then that's
what I mean by the wrong side. Communism is okay when you don't want to destroy others,
and that means taking from someone who has and giving to others who don't have by force...
but then it wouldn't be called communism :D

If you talk about democracies today being like communism it's because they depend on government
control, which is not a happy situation since those who are part of it seek to have power. As we
know it, power corrupts. Government grows, they need more money, they create new taxes and
as a result some of the little business fails and leads to more unemployment and people dependent
on what? ... on government, which then says, it has to solve all these problems that come up,
problems it created out of the need to survive. So what you see today in Poland, Romania and France
it's some people who want to survive and pursue their own interest. Less government with limited
power is used only in some circumstances and is supposed to protect every individual because
none has greater or lesser power.

@ Nik, I don't see the far right winning in France.

@ Dan, yes, bombing the Abbey was only an act of destroying the enemy, which were the germans

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #360 by Serkses
Replied by Serkses on topic Today In History
I dont mean "democracy" in Poland is communism beacouse there is corruption or something like this... But in this country you are slave who need to ask his owner for permit for weapon or we have compulsory school since 6 years old... Democracy = freedom? So why I need to let my child go to school at 6 or why I cant buy weapon? Attacks in France went good beacouse civilians havent got any weapon and they was vulnerable.

edit. Snow bombing of Dresden where was only civilians was destroying germans? And American atomic bombs of democracy used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki where was only civilians too was destroying enemy army? Americans was same bad as Nazis...

• Lukasz birthday is in 6 days (41)