What's up at home today...?

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #1129 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What's up at home today...?

How many Tits can you count?

I count six :)

I have a robin visiting my balcony lately but it is so alert I have not managed to make a photo of it yet.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #1130 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
Your answer is CORRECT! :D

I haven't seen Robins lately...

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

7 years 3 months ago #1131 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic What's up at home today...?
Snow you should open a bakery :)

-VIS ET HONOR-

7 years 3 months ago #1132 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
Grazie mille :lol:

"Straight and narrow is the path."

7 years 3 months ago #1133 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic What's up at home today...?
Seriously, they look perfect. I'd like to try it with Nutella or cream :nod:

-VIS ET HONOR-

7 years 3 months ago #1134 by Juanma66
Replied by Juanma66 on topic What's up at home today...?
The journalist who gave the beginning of World War II dies
Clare Hollingworth has died at age 105. The British war correspondent was the first to report the Nazi invasion of Poland

Clare Hollingworth, the British war correspondent who gave the scoop on the Nazi invasion of Poland that led to the outbreak of World War II, died in Hong Kong at age 105, the former colony's Foreign Correspondents Club announced.

Hollingsworth, who had turned 105 on October 10, broke the news that World War II had begun on the pages of the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph in 1939 when he was 27.

It defined the journalistic career of Hollingsworth, who worked as a correspondent abroad for over half a century, covering conflicts in Europe, North Africa and Asia.

Part of his experiences in areas of conflict were collected in five books that tell stories ranging from the beginning of World War II to the relationship of the Arab world with the West or the conflicts of Chinese leader Mao Zedong with his opponents.

According to a biography of the journalist recently published by her nephew Patrick Garrett, the start of World War II surprised Hollingworth in Poland, where he was organizing the evacuation of more than 3,500 political and Jewish refugees to the United Kingdom, Earned him the nickname of the Scarlet Pimpernel among the British press.

A week after she was hired as a war correspondent for the Telegraph, she moved to the Polish-German border in Katowice, where in the early hours of September 1, 1939 the sound of tanks passing under her window woke the journalist, who Rushed to call the editors and the British and Polish Foreign Offices to give the scoop.

His vocation for the coverage of war conflicts led Hollingworth to start working for Time magazine after British General Bernard Law Montgomery banned the presence of British female correspondents on the front in Egypt during the war in North Africa in 1942 .

Born in 1911 on a farm in Leicester, central England, Hollingworth resided in Hong Kong for the last four decades after working in Beijing as a correspondent during the 1970

not fear the enemy that attacks you,
be afraid of the false friend that hugs you
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, NL, Maki, jacobston

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)