What's up at home today...?

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1339 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What's up at home today...?
My new system is now "finished". The past week I decided to get a better cooler and new power supply.
The cooler I had was keeping the CPU cool enough, also under stress, but needed a lot of fan revolutions to do it, so a lot of noise and I hate that.
The power supply I had was also good enough but almost 8 years old and I felt it would be stupid to potentially damage my new system because of an old PSU.

So the CPU cooler I bought is a Cooler Master 212 EVO and the PSU a Corsair RM650x. The PSU has a gold rating (meaning it is more efficient with low power consumption) and has semi-passive cooling. The fan does not run until the unit is under medium to high load. I was using 300 watt today gaming and only after about 10 minutes or so it started to turn slowly.

Also, with the CPU cooler and PSU I can now make a media center with my old hardware. I bought a second hand pc case for 10€ and it is now hooked up to my TV and I use it to listen to music. I used to do this with my 2008 laptop but it was begiining to struggle with 1080p .mkv movies.

So this is what my system looks like on the inside: (I am actually thinking about getting everything out and spraying the inside of the case black.)

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni, Maki, ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #1340 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic What's up at home today...?
Awesome setup you have there Jo :gj:
If you want to paint inside of the case all black and those leds on motherboard ain't enough to provide light to whole inside of case then really go and purchase red led stripe, cheap and looking cool :yipi: Also perfect choice of cooler for CPU ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

6 years 7 months ago #1341 by NL
Thanks Shay. Well I'll be honest, I ordered a magnetic WRGB strip from china with a controller. 1.5 meter for 7 euro, shipped lol. Will take a week or two before I get it. The red lights on the MoBo don't do much anyway as it is. And I don't really like the red, I prefer cool blue. So I will probably end up just setting the strip to blue. The white light will be helpful when I have to do stuff in the pc, especially in the evening.

This strip.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

6 years 7 months ago #1342 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?

NL wrote: And I don't really like the red, I prefer cool blue.

Just my five cents... :mm3:
Warning: Spoiler!

6 years 7 months ago #1343 by NL
I think #0077ff for me :)

6 years 7 months ago #1344 by Maki
Replied by Maki on topic What's up at home today...?
Received today my new 200mm case fan. My Corsair has not supported the high heat lately, but has held 5 years anyway.
Of course he has blue leds .
:P

The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)