What's up at home today...?

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #1495 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?

I found a young turtledove this afternoon on a sidewalk in Lorient. The animal, no doubt fallen from one of the many nests overlooking this sidewalk, was visibly unhurt, he could flap his wings but had probably not yet learned to fly well. I collected it at home, put it in secure in semi-darkness, with a little of food and water. Not being able to handle it properly in my apartment and in addition with the presence of Django, i contacted the local specialized association "Volée de Piafs" to point out the situation. A volunteer from this association just came to my home to pick the bird up and put him in care. According to this person, much more qualified than me in this domain, the bird really has all of its chances of survival. I will receive tomorrow by email an identification code that will allow me to get news from this animal, whether the outcome is positive or not. That's it, a day that ends rather well, finally...
:mm1:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Damni, NL, jacobston, ShayoX, WANGER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #1496 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic What's up at home today...?
Are those spaghetti in that bowl?

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

5 years 10 months ago #1497 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?

Nope Damni, this is vermicelli, it was, with rice, the only food available in my kitchen that this bird would perhaps have chances to eat.
As i see it on English Wikipedia, it seems that, in Italy, vermicelli is thicker than spaghetti, don't know, i talk here about the thinner pasta.

Btw, i received the email with identification code i talk about in my previous post, and they say that the bird is very well and almost quite sure that he will survive.
:wave:

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #1498 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What's up at home today...?
One of I think 3 tit chicks has gotten smart and now waits in front for mommy or daddy to bring home the food, ensuring it gets the most food and thus its survival. Hope its brothers and sisters also survive and get a worm once in a while. This one looks eager to fly out into the world. it is constantly watching the world outside with curiosity.

Sorry I couldn't resist this title, I am sure with all the perverts today this will be my most watched video pretty soon :P

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, Damni, Sasha

5 years 10 months ago #1499 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
They are blue tits! :D

Warning: Spoiler!

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damni, NL, Sasha

5 years 10 months ago #1500 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What's up at home today...?
Well I made that video yesterday just in time because today all have left the nest...

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, Damni

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)