What's up at home today...?

5 years 8 months ago #1513 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Re: What's up at home today...?

Nikita wrote:
A long time ago, perhaps fifteen years, i used to work in maintenance in a psychiatric clinic nearby here. Of course, due to the specificities of patients there, there were some special security procedures and equipments. I used to carry about perhaps more than one kilo of keys and my mother used to call me jail warden.
:nod:

Congrats on your new house Nik! I hope you have only good times there!

Your story reminds me of one of my own, even longer ago, I think it was 1990 or 1991. I was still going to school and had a part time job delivering groceries with a van. Most were private people and some businesses. One of the businesses was also a mental hospital with closed wards, situated on a beautiful terrain consisting of dunes and forest. I would come in with groceries, bzzzt, one door open, bzzzt closed behind me and next door bzzzt and so on.

One day I had delivered my stuff and went back to my van and started to close the back when I saw a man, who was clearly a patient, in my van behind some stuff making the "ssst" gesture. He wanted me to take him of the compound (not so crazy maybe?) but before I could even make a decision the security was already getting him out. How the hell he got outside I will never know.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #1514 by Maki
Replied by Maki on topic Re: What's up at home today...?
Beautiful little village, it looks quiet, far from the seagulls I hope. You can fish on the line in the Blavet if there are some fish. Enjoy your stay in this haven of peace and greenery :amour:

5 years 8 months ago #1515 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Re: What's up at home today...?
Classic French view with no boring parts :^^:

"Straight and narrow is the path."

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #1516 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Re: What's up at home today...?

snowman wrote: Classic French view with no boring parts :^^:

Lol, of course, it's made for touristic purpose, and France is on the world's top destinations for tourism, and Brittany in on France's top destinations for that, so it has to be just perfect... :whistle:

That said, the former factory you can see with its rusted roofs, called here "Les Forges", was an industrial place of first importance, impacting all the fish canning industry in South Brittany, since 1860 until the end of WW2, when it became to decline until it was definitely closed in 1966. Present days this site hosts a technical and industrial museum and also the Maison de L'Eau (Water House), dedicated to present the study of fluvial environnment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

5 years 8 months ago #1517 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Re: What's up at home today...?
She's back...

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, jacobston

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #1518 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Re: What's up at home today...?

Have fun. Talking about pets, my Django seems so much anxious these days, watching the almost empty home, licking my face a lot and doubtless thinking : "Hey man, you're not planing to leave me alone here, are you...?"

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL, jacobston

• 43 birthday is today (57)