What's up at home today...?

3 years 4 months ago #1819 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
Congratulations and best wishes with your work, Feld :heart: Open yourself to new opportunities and happy things will happen :v: ... not always, but you know, life is like H&D2... you never know what's around the corner :blast:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feldmarshal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #1820 by snowman
Finally found some nice, cheap headset ear pads for my Sony headset. After over 2 years, the fake leather started to flake a bit, so it's time to order two new pairs. This is a photo from a satisfied customer. The shop selling these is located in Hong Kong. Going to order soon :ciuciu:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

3 years 4 months ago #1821 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?
Testing my new Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye. Well, that's a hell of a change from my old Roccat Lua. I need to refine the settings in the Swarm driver and also a bit time to adapt to this new weapon. Lol, on first attempt, Libya1 Dherna, i figured that the optic of my Enfield changed into a U-Boot periscope rotating on 360°. Naturally, i was killed after about 15 seconds by a random guard on the remparts. :sarcy:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1822 by Nikita
After a 7 years career in Rennes within the Cynophile Investigation Group of the National Gendarmerie, Gizmo is retiring. In January 2021, he will go to a host family for a well-deserved rest. On December 4, Gizmo was awarded the National Defence Medal , bronze level.

Master sergeant Cyril Leviel and Gizmo - Credit : Timothée L’Angevin / Actu Rennes

900 operational solicitations, 39 positive results and 15 people saved , that deserved indeed a little tribute...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Rs_Funzo, Damni, Maki, WANGER

3 years 4 months ago #1823 by Nikita
I made some changes on my desk today. This piece of furniture was given to me by my sister two years ago when she moved. Originally, it was just a small piece of furniture designed to accommodate one family computer. Since then, the thing has evolved a bit. It has hosted two complete computers, the HP tower as the main computer and the small Dell which doesn't take much space but which does the job for light applications as basic web browsing and small office. It's also this one that i use for watching a movie at night from my bed, because it's oriented well for that. I simply interverted the HP and ASUS monitors for that, because the HP carries built in speakers. I already added an extension support on the left side for the monitor, today i made the same right side for the monitor support of the third computer, the one that runs Linux, which will fit into this little piece of wood on wheels as soon as i finish its cleaning and reassembling. All of this was made roughly with the means at hand, i didn't buy anything for it, i only used what i already had in my hardware store, and it's not yet finalized, i have to well-fasten the bolts and manage the mess of cables before putting the cabinet back in place in its corner, and then there will be a little finishing on cutting the bolts and covering the wooden supports with a piece of recycled black cordura canvas. Btw, the little lamp is also recycled, it's a trekking headlamp with three light intensities that i mounted on a heavy enough metal plate and that i use as additional desktop lighting. Well, for one day of work, i think it looks even cooler than a Louis XVI style. :nod:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki, WANGER

3 years 4 months ago #1824 by snowman
This is a beautiful setup, Nik :heart:

Meanwhile I'm still using my old PC unit, two stone-age monitors and a large table in the middle of the room :crazy:

One of our long time friends, shared a photo with his gaming station... it's just wow :shock:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita

• 43 birthday is today (57)