What's up at home today...?

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #55 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?

@Snow : Well mate, this one comes from the web, i didn't take it by myself, but next time i'll try to not forget my camera ;)

@Domi : Well, don't know about your timetable, but if you want an advice, try to come in May/June or at the beginning of September for the "indian summer", it's really the best times for enjoying holidays here ;)

PS : Who knows, maybe i'll make you discover some other little pearls, like this one... ;)

Houat island, about one hour by boat.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, LadyAgu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #56 by Domi
Replied by Domi on topic What's up at home today...?
Do you have a comfortable couch to rent? :mm2:

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #57 by Nikita

Arf ! As an old soldier, here's my gear when i go for a trip on the islands here... ;)

PS : And also, of course, my good old sleeping bag, model 1980 of the blue helmets of the UN. (And i guarantee you that it's comfortable)... ;)
Attachments:

11 years 8 months ago #58 by LadyAgu
Replied by LadyAgu on topic What's up at home today...?
That's very nice idea ;-) - I really love France. Btw. are you really old soldier or that's only a trope? ;-)

:love:

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #59 by Morty
Replied by Morty on topic What's up at home today...?
What I did today here at my place was really not comparable spectacular like that beach at Nikita's place...

I just tried to discover (I was asking myself that for nearly 11 years now), why there is such a strange hole in the ground on one of the hills nearby...

Problem is, that the whole area is already occupied by any kind of plants and trees...
Not much to see there any more, and nearly not any chance to get into it, without an axe and a machete.
But I found a small sign, hidden on the other side of the area, that this is an ancient open-cast mining field, I guess now abandonned for several hundred years...

Just to tell the short story of my day...

Ah, of course and yesterday I visited a rock (also for climbing issues) also nearby, called "Großer Hermannstein", where even Goethe liked to stay and write some poems...

Since one year the tourists also can climb on the top of this cliff with these iron stairs.

And there is also a small cave in the lower part of it.

Nope, this is not me, but a good impression of the climbing possibilities you can have.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn, then always be a unicorn.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #60 by Nikita

Nice Morty, i guess that you also had the opportunity to breathe a great bowl of fresh air there... :gj:

@Agu : Yes indeed, i was a soldier during two years in the 80's, in the ALAT (FRENCH ARMY LIGHT AVIATION), the helicopters of the French ground forces. I was "brigadier-chef", i think that it's the equivalent at lance sergeant in English, if i'm not wrong. My unit was the 6th Regiment of Combat Helicopters (6ème RHC in French), based in Compiègne. The regiment was dissolved in 2007.

Badge of the ALAT
Badge of the 6th RHC
Badge of the 3rd EHA (Squadron of attack helicopters - Antitanks)

Old memories... :gj: :)

PS : And here's the ALAT beret...

Who knows, maybe that's the reason why i write in blue... ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, LadyAgu

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)