GPU backplate design

6 years 7 months ago #1 by NL
GPU backplate design was created by NL
As you know most GPU's have no nice looking backplate. More expensive models will have one and you can buy them separately but they are quite expensive and I think it's a perfect item for DIY.

As you can maybe see in the pic below I already have a plexiglass sheet on mine, I simply spray painted the underside black leaving a glossy finish on the top.

But I thought I could make it a little more interesting for the eye so I want to make a new one and not spray paint the underside but print something and glue it underneath. I like minimal design and black and white. White reflecting any color I would use with the led strip. I made the design below. What do you guys think? I know there are some creative guys on this forum so maybe you have some ideas too.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #2 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic GPU backplate design
I can make one for you just tell me about the color you want it all black/white just like gpu yeah?
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

6 years 7 months ago #3 by NL
Replied by NL on topic GPU backplate design
yep, black and white. Some small color elements are possible I guess. I was thinking about doing the GTX 1070 in Nvidia green but like I said, colors will most likely just disappear when you use colors. Also, knowing you a little, don''t make it scream too much ;)
Thanks buddy.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

6 years 7 months ago #4 by ShayoX
I will make 2 variants, what about size? the same as your concept of backplate?

6 years 7 months ago #5 by NL
Replied by NL on topic GPU backplate design
Yeah, something like that. I will have to figure out how it comes out my printer and maybe adjust sizes. Not gonna try too many times because it will use a lot of black ink... Will figure it out with just a black line before I start printing the final product. Maybe I can use word or something like that that has a ruler, I now only used paint.

6 years 7 months ago #6 by ShayoX
Alright I will get to work :cooking:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)