War literature

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by Nikita
War literature was created by Nikita
Here's a book about war … Maybe THE book about war …

Norman Mailer wrote it in 1948. He was 25 years old and had just spent two years in a unit of marines, during the war of the Pacific.

This book is hard and rough, as the war … This book disturbs and calls, as the politically incorrect …

This book is a masterpiece about which we know that we shall not forget it any more, once the turned back page …

"Here is the judged war, and condemned."
André Maurois
Foreword in the French edition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Re: War literature
As my previous post spoke about a rather ancient book, even if I consider it personally as timeless, as this one speaks about a piping hot quite new work. I indeed learn the release of this title in bookshops by today's local press. Well, I know well, it's written in French and in my opinion, its translation in foreign language is not for tomorrow, but I was not able to resist the envy to speak about it, so much is big my admiration for these elite soldiers, these famous green berets of the French navy, which my city accommodates since for a very long time and whose capital of sympathy never contradicted itself here. A reference book, doubtless, when we know that the author of the foreword, Christophe Prazuck, is nothing less than the commodore commanding the FORFUSCO, the ensemble of the entire French Commandos Marine force…

29 euro go out of the bottom of my moneybox, I know what to do this afternoon… ;)

Commandos Marine, the elite of special forces
Roch Pescadère and Frank Jubelin
Marines éditions

12 years 2 months ago #3 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Re: War literature
never heard about The Naked and the Dead. Will be my next book purchase. :)

Anyway i just read some Remarque books about WW1 and WW2. Billiant books, nothing more to say about.
All Quiet on the Western Front
Time to Live and Time to Die

Got another one with several stories also by Remarque called The Enemy.

Uhhhhyeaaa sexy pink ;)

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #4 by Nikita
Among the books which you speak about, I have read the very known All Quiet on the Western Front, I am going to make a tour to the municipal library to see if the other titles are available. About WW1, there is also Roland Dorgelès's novel, Les Croix de Bois (wooden crosses), which tells his experience of the fights, something as an echo to the book of Remarque. I think that it was translated into several languages.

Speaking about other thing, you hired the Pink Panther as secretary...? :lol:

11 years 9 months ago #5 by Nikita

Maybe the fourth or fifth time that i read it, and always so fascinating...

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
Sun Tzu
The Art of War
Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #6 by Otto
Replied by Otto on topic Re: War literature
This book from Sun Tzu is very interesting :)
This book learn me mutch things

and you be chased by women all around the world
"Gimli son of Gloin"

• 43 birthday is in 2 days (57)