× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

Coop server on Linux

4 years 5 months ago #1 by toadlife
Coop server on Linux was created by toadlife
I'm trying to move my server from windows to linux and am having a weird problem.

If I launch the original dedicated server, "HD2DS.exe" I can connect and play just fine, but when I launch the SabreSquadron version (HD2DS_SabreSquadron.exe) the server shows up in the server list but I cannot connect. I'm only interested in coop, so if I cant get the sabresquadron version working, Linux just wont work.

Has any one had any luck hosting a coop server from Linux?

Running kubuntu 19.10 with the version of wine from the software center app. I also had this problem with Ubuntu 18 that came on the VPS.

-Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Coop server on Linux
Hi Paul :)

All I know from now is that our friend Pirate on Discord can't join the servers for
some reason. He connects, but gets some connection problems error.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

4 years 5 months ago #3 by toadlife
Replied by toadlife on topic Coop server on Linux
I just tried the ipv4 registry fix, but that didn't make a difference. :(

4 years 5 months ago #4 by toadlife
I'm going to try FreeBSD on the hope that it's some underlying linuxism causing this.

4 years 5 months ago #5 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Coop server on Linux
You know all the details of your setup and installation so good luck. Let us know what worked
and what not :P

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: toadlife

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #6 by toadlife
Could not get FreeBSD going because the installer does not recognize the vmware hard drive controller. I loaded debian 10 and still the same problem. I fear this a WINE compatibility issue. :/

1and1 is increasing their cost per month for the Windows VM from $15 to $35 due to windows server license cost increase. That's just too damn much. I might buy a full license of Windows 10 Home ($130) if I can use it on the VPS to save money over the long run.

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)