Otto Memorial event suggestions

8 years 7 months ago #1 by snowman
Otto Memorial event suggestions was created by snowman
Hi guys

I created this topic so that we can discuss about the the date, time and maps for
the evening or evenings we play for Otto. I was thinking we can do a nice march
if there are enough people joining.

I read in the other topic that a good date would be on 18th or 19th. I know some are
very busy, have to stay late to work or wake up in the morning. I was thinking we host
this event for two days. This will solve the problems of those who can't join in one
day and also give us the opportunity to play and chat with out beloved friends who
haven't joined us in the past years.

I suggest we join earlier than usual. Maybe around 4-5 pm GMT time. It would be at
5-6 pm UK time. At least that would be the time I would join. Then we can play as much
as we want. Those who will join later and leave earlier, no problem. For such occasion,
I would do some extra effort.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rs_Funzo, NL, Feldmarshal, ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Otto Memorial event suggestions
A little update here. Nobody gives any suggestions so I will go blindly for Sat and Sun
evening plays. I need to check the playability of a map and after that I start sending emails
to some of our friends who are not already reading of aware of this play.

Btw, anyone new who would like to join our play, is free to join. The password will be "betty"
on the "Otto Memorial" server. If we play with classes or just play together and chat on TS
about anything, I don't know. You new guys can read the TLC rules first so we don't
have any surprises :D

If you haven't seen us play, here's some nice games:

I really miss those evening :/ :love:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Feldmarshal, ShayoX

8 years 7 months ago #3 by Feldmarshal
Replied by Feldmarshal on topic Otto Memorial event suggestions
I really miss those plays too, it's possible to play again together with 7-15 players?

You will not grow if you are not willing to change yourself

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #4 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Otto Memorial event suggestions

Well, a couple of maps are well known to be buged or crappy, so, by avoiding them first, we have lot of remaining good maps for playing the full event. That said, i admite i'm not up to date with the latest maps so i cannot talk about them yet.

Already, about playing, my preference will be playing with classes but we'll see. :mm1:

Please, don't forget Sicilia Stormbridge, i remember having see Otto finishing it in a very brilliant way ... :nod: :mm1:

8 years 7 months ago #5 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Otto Memorial event suggestions
One of the best maps suck. Tried Arctic 1 Extended tonight. It's brilliant, but the
objective to follow Sygurd and not get him killed fails. He reaches the top of the
hill, I continue my mission and he dies. Do you have to wait at the road there?

8 years 7 months ago #6 by NL
Replied by NL on topic Otto Memorial event suggestions

snowman wrote: One of the best maps suck. Tried Arctic 1 Extended tonight. It's brilliant, but the
objective to follow Sygurd and not get him killed fails. He reaches the top of the
hill, I continue my mission and he dies. Do you have to wait at the road there?

I never really figured it out. I f you keep shooting to a minimum until you reach Sygurd he may lead you to the swamp. Sometimes he dies when he goes back through the swamp. When he leads you to the crossroads he will of course first run away from the Germans that come, after you kill the Germans there is sometimes an officer on the road where the Germans came from, not sure if that is the one who kills Sygurd once he finds his "safe spot" in the hills. Of course the mission will fail if you don't pick up Sygurd for the second time after you killed the German reinforcements. Sometimes Sygurd will get spontaneously killed, sometimes not. Funny thing is, it didn't seem to happen in the early days of testing the map. I think something was changed in the map or scripts when the "unkillable snipers" on the hill tops were fixed.
I think BYTM is the one who could know.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)