2K and Hidden & Dangerous 3

7 years 11 months ago #1 by ShayoX
2K and Hidden & Dangerous 3 was created by ShayoX
WWE games are here, Mafia III will appear October 7th, what else they need to do until they make H&D3?
I know Illusion Softworks is over and it is 2K Czech now, but they could make H&D3, i guess WWE Games (and many other) collects very good profits for them (Mafia III will as well) so they could spare some money to make H&D3.:gj:
What do you think about that? :undecided:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #2 by NL
Replied by NL on topic 2K and Hidden & Dangerous 3
Well, HD2 only sold a little over 1 million copies, Mafia sold over 2 million copies so you can see right there why they would first invest in the Mafia title.
Also, I wonder if maybe marketeers think the WW2 hype has been overused in the past two decades. I mean there have been so many games taking place in WW2, most modern shooters have left the WW2 scenario for more modern and futuristic (multiplayer) gameplay.

But of course you don't have to ask the question if we would all like to see HD3 happen...it is asking the obvious. Maybe one day it will come but personally I don't think so.

There was a petition before to make HD3 but as you can see below WAY TO FEW people ultimately signed it, not a convincing signal that there would be a good return on the investment.
HD3 petitionhttps://www.change.org/p/2k-czech-make-hidden-and-dangerous-3

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

7 years 11 months ago #3 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic 2K and Hidden & Dangerous 3
They will do whatever will be profitable.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

7 years 11 months ago #4 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic 2K and Hidden & Dangerous 3
Yeah, i agree, they're companies and their goal is to make profit, not social wellfare. They don't give a shit about petitions and other collective stuff, they'll make HD3 if they think they can take benefit of it, and for no other reasons.

7 years 11 months ago #5 by NL
Replied by NL on topic 2K and Hidden & Dangerous 3
Of course there are a few private persons hoping to recreate HD2 in better graphics and possibly even a HD3 if they can get licensed, but to be honest this seems like a huge project that will be hard to finish for just a few persons. So we should not get our hopes up too much.

Some talk about that here and here .

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Femto

7 years 11 months ago #6 by snakeplissken
Replied by snakeplissken on topic 2K and Hidden & Dangerous 3
This is just my opinion.

Gaming has evolved a lot since last decade. Some for better, some for worse. While you have better hardware in PC and Consoles that can give better quality and performance. That doesn't necessarily means better games in terms of game play.

Gaming audience has also changed a lot. People have developed new tastes and perspectives. But much of this has been in negative direction. Again, its just my opinion. I personally have no inclination to new Modern Warfare Games or even new WW2 games which have better Graphics. But Gameplay is not at par with other features.

On broader perspective. Most of the stuff is in a decay. Social Life. Culture. Politics. Entertainment (Movies, TV, Games etc) Maybe i am too pessimistic.

As far as entertainment is concerned. Its decayed the most. Most Movies have no depth or meaning. TV has become an idiot box. You can't even tell the difference between Sops and News. There is nothing intellectual about entertainment. Its based on profit motive of $$$ and nothing else.

Coming back to topic. I don't think you will find many fans of H&D3 anymore.

I was recently thinking of buying PS4. Then i gave a 2nd thought. What games are there on next Gen consoles? Apart from few odd good titles, most of it is trash. So i put the decision on hold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)