SWAT 4

9 years 10 months ago #1 by jacobston
SWAT 4 was created by jacobston
Yesterday,I pulled SWAT 4 off the shelf, so to speak, and started playing through it again. It's a pretty good game, but go through a door too fast and you can get packed full of lead and end up having to limp around the building. :upset:

But I do find that the developers did a good job at setting an atmosphere for the levels. It will sometimes be dark and wet, where you don't know who is in the shadow in the corner, or it might be loud from the fire alarms, with flashing lights everywhere obstructing you view of the target, or you go into a nightclub that is being attacked by terrorists and hear the screaming of people getting shot as you limp around because you went too fast through a door and got shot in the leg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #2 by Damni
Replied by Damni on topic SWAT 4
This was a great game when played with good teammates.

Check out my photos on Pixelfed

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #3 by NL
Replied by NL on topic SWAT 4
I played this game too (actually still have it installed and sometimes play it) and with the first HD2 clan I was in ,-DBV-, we played this game together. Some good fun. I also have some modded maps for it.
Nice game, I wish there would be a good modern equivalent.

http://www.moddb.com/games/swat-4/addons

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

9 years 10 months ago #4 by NL
Well this sucks, I tried to play SWAT 4 again but the game suddenly asks for internet activation. I purchased the game in those days with direct2drive but they were taken over by gamefly and they don't seem to have the game any more so I can't redownload to install again...will request support but I don't have my hopes up...

9 years 10 months ago #5 by NL
Well never mind, the "alternative circuit" gave the solution :P and now I can play SWAT again :happy:

9 years 10 months ago #6 by NL
To give a little follow up: Gamefly actually responded quite fast and the end result is they don't support SWAT 4 any more because:

Unfortunately some older titles presented a higher challenge to bring over from Direct2Drive. Your previous purchase is an older game whose technology is more difficult to adapt and not likely to be supported on GameFly. We apologize for any inconvenience."

But:

I have placed a store credit of £20.00 on your GameFly Account with our appreciation for your patience.

Which I think is actually a good solution since I bought the game in 2006 for 29.95€. Of course I did not tell them I found a solution but I must say this is good service from Gamefly. Now I just have to think about which game to get :)

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)