Iron Front: Liberation 1944

9 years 8 months ago #1 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Iron Front: Liberation 1944 was created by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Hi,
to be honest, I think we are all looking for another WW2 game that offers better graphics and models than our good ol’ HD2 which is really outdated in these terms.

I started to play Iron Front: Liberation 1944 a while ago, that game looked quite interesting to me. But soon I got stuck with the strange game controls.

Does anybody else play it and has finished it? I am stuck in the German campaign where I have to push an anti-tank cannon.

Then I tried to use a tank but I couldn’t change seats, just could give orders like “drive, left, fast”

Maybe someone has played the game and knows how to simplify the game controls to make it more like HD2 style?

Any advice will be appreciated ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2 by jacobston
Replied by jacobston on topic Iron Front: Liberation 1944
I played that game. (Actually, I think I took some textures from it for HD2 :D )

It is built off of the ArmA 2 engine, and as far as I know the controls are pretty much the same, but I always go to Options > Controls to remap my controls to match HD2 anyway. AFAIK, that is the only way to make it more... fluent.
I do not think there are preset control sets so you will have to remap them manually, but you may proove me wrong.
(hint: for flying, use a joystick ;) )

But I do know that by default the mouse wheel is the context-menu (Get in truck (driver) | Gear | Switch to gunner seat | etc. etc.)

What I am playing now (and yes, stealing textures from also... shhh!) is the Invasion '44 ArmA 2 Mod. It is pretty good and has some Commando missions included, but you will also want to remap the controls.

EDIT: Make sure its not FADE :lol:

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #3 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Iron Front: Liberation 1944
Some RpR and friends started playing ARMA about 6 month ago. That mod doesn't
feel necessary, just because it's world war 2 stuff. We have H&D2 for that.
With ARMA if you don't have constantly 5-6 friends to play with, you will get
bored. The game is so complex. Ask Cat or Damni. BK, Fox, Bass are MIA :smile:

Fox used to mod I44 maps. Then, no more news from him.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

9 years 8 months ago #4 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Iron Front: Liberation 1944
yeah I found out about the mouse wheel that lets you change seats in a tank or push a cannon.
The bots are rather stupid, that was written in many comments about the game.
I will try to remap the controls. I have a Joystick by Thrustmaster, for War Thunder I use both mouse and joystick.
I have original game, so no problems with fade;)

@jacobston: have you unpacked the models of Iront Front and are they in 3DS Format?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #5 by jacobston
Replied by jacobston on topic Iron Front: Liberation 1944
The models for the ArmA/ Iron Front games are in P3D format.

All of the edit tools for ArmA can be found here .

All of the objects in ArmA 2 are in .PBO archives, and these contain everything from textures to sounds to models.
The Iron front files may be packed differently. If so, then change the file extension to ".PBO" (make sure to leave the original in the IF folder!)

Also, the extractor is called "cpbo" and should be included in the link above. If you are using windows Vista, 7 or 8, then you will have to put i in the older wih the .PBO files, then run AS ADMINISTRATOR or absolutely nothing will happen (nothing has happened to me countless times).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)