GP500 (1999)

8 years 4 weeks ago #7 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic GP500 (1999)

NL wrote:

snowman wrote: Really doesn't look like '99 to me Jo.

I remember playing a lot of Delta Force Land Warrior when I got
my first computer exactly 15 years ago.

What can I say, it is 1999. Does it look older or newer to you?

Newer.

"Straight and narrow is the path."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 weeks ago #8 by NL
Replied by NL on topic GP500 (1999)
Well nope, you are confused by HD2 but let's be honest, even in 2003 the graphics of HD2 were not top notch...

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

8 years 4 weeks ago #9 by NL
More about Grand Prix Legends:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_Legends

Damn, now I will have to install this game again too :)

1998 simulation of 1967 cars

The game, developed under the direction of David Kaemmer and Randy Cassidy, was published in 1998 by the Papyrus division of Sierra Entertainment. To this day it maintains a reputation as a very realistic race car simulator.[1] Its strong points are fairly accurate car physics (how the car responds and feels on the track), reasonably attractive graphics, impressive engine sound effects, good online racing and solid Internet support from its user community. The weak points are the game's difficulty as the cars are quite difficult to drive well (although many fans consider this to be a virtue, as Formula One cars of that era were difficult to drive compared to modern high-downforce cars), and some minor physics flaws such as primitive aerodynamic modelling.

8 years 4 weeks ago #10 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic GP500 (1999)
Thanks NL :love: I've seen video, and it is awesome game. I must check that Grand Prix Legends i have to go and get that as soon as possible :leave: ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

8 years 3 weeks ago #11 by ShayoX
Replied by ShayoX on topic GP500 (1999)
Damn, Grand Prix Legends won't start on Windows 7 :( Anybody know how to launch it without problems ?

8 years 3 weeks ago #12 by NL
It's a bit hard to give you advice because I already have all the files I need and they seem hard to find now (installed the game myself again today). There are installers with upgrades that make the game work on windows 7 but you also need the original installation files on either a disk or in an .iso file (so you would need something like daemon tools lite). I have all these and I would happily give you my files but I would need to upload them somewhere, total size about 700 MB. I will ask if I can use onedrive on this forum to share.

• Lukasz birthday is in 9 days (41)