× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

How create server?

10 years 1 month ago #25 by SamuelColt
Replied by SamuelColt on topic How create server?
ok

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #26 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic How create server?
I understand that server can be tested on same PC ? I typed in the ip and port, then server name appeared in server list in multiplayer section in game menu, but when i connect, the nice little box says "Not a valid version" and after that the server will go to unselectable...is there something I missed ?
I made exceptions to firewall for ports 11001 -> 11004 (TCP,UDP)

The one who hesitates is lost !

10 years 1 month ago #27 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic How create server?

Stern wrote: I understand that server can be tested on same PC ? I typed in the ip and port, then server name appeared in server list in multiplayer section in game menu, but when i connect, the nice little box says "Not a valid version" and after that the server will go to unselectable...is there something I missed ?
I made exceptions to firewall for ports 11001 -> 11004 (TCP,UDP)

Yes it is possible but you have to use your local IP when you connect.
Never got that error message..
Ports are forwarded correctly (in case your server runs on port 11001 ;) )
Btw you probably need to forward only UDP ports. Just found out when i reconfigured our server.

What Windows version you run?

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #28 by Stern
Yes I used port 11001 for server, I could try other ports but I think it wouldnt make any differents, problem seems to be somewhere else.

Win is XP pro SP3, I have laptop with WIN 7, so I will try it there too.

10 years 1 month ago #29 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic How create server?

Stern wrote: Yes I used port 11001 for server, I could try other ports but I think it wouldnt make any differents, problem seems to be somewhere else.

Win is XP pro SP3, I have laptop with WIN 7, so I will try it there too.

Ports are fine and Windows XP is perfect cause you don't have to struggle with disabling IPv6 and IP Helper.
But maybe you have installed IPv6 on your XP version? If, you can try to uninstall it by typing following into your command prompt:
Netsh Int ipv6 uninstall

Did you install the game with original CD's/images? Maybe something went wrong there..
I assume you have latest version 1.12 installed, right?

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #30 by Stern
The game shows ver. 1.120 in game menu but when I connect to my server with program: "H&D 2 Server Info" there it shows version 1.11 .
I used ServerLauncher.exe to host server, I guess then the ServerLauncher.exe is version 1.11
or server is version 1.11 and in console it displays version 1.11 so i think this is the problem.
Is there update for server console or the game update will update it ?
If so then someting is wrong, HD2 patch 1.12 says that the game is updated.

Ipv6 thing in cmd did nothing so i guess no ipv6 was there afterall.

• spartacus birthday is in 2 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 3 days (39)
  • Wójt birthday is in 7 days (28)