× For each unban request, create a new topic. Also add your in-game nickname in topic title please

Ban Notes - ADMINS ONLY

8 years 8 months ago #127 by NL
Replied by NL on topic ban notes - for admins only please
Gave player WANGER a warning for glitching on Brest through big gate. He called it climbing but it don't matter.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, Maki, iBeLKa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #128 by NL
Okay to be fair about warning for glitching to WANGER.
He kept insisting he was climbing and not glitching so I asked him to show me. I restarted realism server to start with Brest map and got on it with him.
At the big gate is a guardhouse you can climb, and a lamp above it you can also climb. By smashing the climb button you can, with a lot of effort, sometimes go on the ledge above the gate and then jump down the other side.

So technically not glitching but more like a bug exploit. I apologized to him for accusing him of glitching (I indeed never saw him make the tell tale glitching sequence), I just knew gate was closed, he was outside and I suddenly saw him inside the base.
So it's one of those things that the game didn't intend but can be done with just climbing, like there are more roofs on which you can do that. Not sure if we should consider it cheating, your opinions?

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, Rs_Funzo, Maki

8 years 8 months ago #129 by Maki
Replied by Maki on topic ban notes - for admins only please
For me, trying to climb the walls this is not glitching, as you said is exploiting a bug, but in the spirit of the game , I forbid it . Because nothing proves that he climb the wall , only if you are in action with the player.

And especially avoid endless discussions of the type: I did not cheat, I climbed, there are witnesses players etc ....
:nod:

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, NL, iBeLKa

8 years 8 months ago #130 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic ban notes - for admins only please
I asked Bill about it 5 years ago, and he said it's a glitch :lol:

I remember again, that way was the only way I could finish Brest and Sabre Squadron in
my first time play. I didn't know there was a key to open the 1st gate, so... And then I got out
by using the switch on the same gate. It was pretty cool to do it 8-9 years ago :nod:

There is also the climb on Czech 4, but I think everyone knows about it :confused:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, NL, Maki

8 years 8 months ago #131 by NL
Banned IP range 197.162.0.0-197.162.255.255 for 7abozo because he keeps reconnecting with a dynamic IP. I spoke to him and told him he should come to the forum to request unban and say sorry but obviously he doesn't want to do it, so we scale up measures a little bit.
Ban topic to be found HERE and some details provided by Maquisard after hat post.

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #132 by Feldmarshal
Replied by Feldmarshal on topic ban notes - for admins only please
About this what I wrote in ShoutBox, 7abozo, WANGER, Max, -=Soulfire=- (I dont remember whether it's correct nickname) and one other (don't remember nick). They did yesterday shit on Justice server, map Alp2(Hudenora). Turning on and off this stupid alarm, shoot teammates, team kill, not calling into in escape zone and other... I gave them warning like admin and they totaly ignored me (only Max apologized). If I kick 2 players (who not calling into in escape zone) they ask me why... C'mon ... :grumpy:

7abozo is banned, for other gave I warning 2/3. :sylvester:

You will not grow if you are not willing to change yourself
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

• spartacus birthday is in 4 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 5 days (39)
  • Wójt birthday is in 9 days (28)