Turning off ragdoll

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1 by mapi95_7
Turning off ragdoll was created by mapi95_7
Hello guys, this is my first post here, and seeing that this one is an active H&D community I decided to give it a try and post here

Is there any way to turn ragdoll off, leaving prescripted death animations only? I know they are repetitive but unfortunately ragdoll in H&D2/SS is just bad and just feels unnatural when you kill (or get killed) your limbs fly around and your body lays on the ground with one leg in the air like Mel's from Scarface.

What's more interesting is that sometimes when you kill someone you do get those prerendered anims instead of ragdoll

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Turning off ragdoll
Our friend, Richie, says you'd have to find the correct animation files and then try to edit them. No idea if the result will crash the game or not. :undecided:

Maybe someone with more experience will help...

"Straight and narrow is the path."

3 years 2 months ago #3 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic Turning off ragdoll
Damn, you don't even know how much would I appreciate if there would be a possibility or a hint to turn RD off :)

3 years 2 months ago #4 by DanJ
Replied by DanJ on topic Turning off ragdoll
Hello and welcome :)
I remember it badly but right now thinking if only basic game is installed without Sabre Squadron addon then, animations are different and after SS is installed, the game perhaps changed it. If someone could check this? Intentionally by Dev or not. Its still big mystery and I would like to know too why is it hapenning.
Maybe its just putting 1 instead of 0 in a code :cookie:

3 years 2 months ago #5 by mapi95_7
Replied by mapi95_7 on topic Turning off ragdoll

DanJ wrote: Hello and welcome :)
I remember it badly but right now thinking if only basic game is installed without Sabre Squadron addon then, animations are different and after SS is installed, the game perhaps changed it. If someone could check this? Intentionally by Dev or not. Its still big mystery and I would like to know too why is it hapenning.
Maybe its just putting 1 instead of 0 in a code :cookie:

Hey, thanks for welcoming. I saw your channel some time ago. Good to see people still playing this game. While I don't play it anymore, I still like reading some news/posts about it, perhaps one day we'll be surprised by third installment or at least new WW2 game made by 2K Czech which would loosely base on previous H&D franchise

As for animations. I did play SS and to be honest I never spotted anim differences. Ragdoll appears in latter aswell. I think those prescripted animations occur under certain conditions

1. You kill someone far away (e.g libya maps where you have to get behind enemy trenches, there is a lot of distance between player and enemies)
2. Throwing grenade in a closed area (room, behind a wall) where you don't see enemy directly. After getting inside you can see dead body with preset animation
3. When joining co-op server while mission has already begun, all dead bodies will be put in the prescripted animation state. This one is reasonable as ragdoll is probably generated by client-side rather than server in that case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, DanJ

3 years 2 months ago #6 by WANGER
Replied by WANGER on topic Turning off ragdoll
There is option in game setting to disable ragdolls where brightness located under brightness there is some options you can check and uncheck we need last one called dynamics you simple turn it off but first you set detalization into custom so you can edit by your own the settings
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, DanJ, mapi95_7

• Lukasz birthday is in 10 days (41)