Mafia Titanic Mod

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #1 by snowman
Mafia Titanic Mod was created by snowman

There she is! A special occasion for the fans of the Titanic story and Mafia 1 game to experience both worlds coming together in this epic Mafia Titanic Mod. Mr. Robville has made this experience possible for anyone around the world, to be able to board the Titanic and enjoy the early years of the 20th century. His devotion and dedication to this project, along with the constant support from the ladies and gentlemen of the Mafia community, have made this unreal dream possible in only fifteen years.

You can install Mafia 1 from GOG or Steam for 10 € or less. You can download and install Mr. Robville's Titanic Mod from ModDB for free.

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: WANGER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Mafia Titanic Mod
Excellent work, Rob and your amazing friends who helped you all these years.

The installer needs a 64 bit system. For Linux you need to run it on a 64-bit Wine config, not 32 :) 

Great work with the installer, Metox! :gj:

Everything looks great in FullHD even on lowest game detail settings. My current Linux machine cuts a bit too much from the gameplay ability. On Windows, everything should work fine.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WANGER

2 years 8 months ago #3 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Mafia Titanic Mod
Why its restricted to 64Bit ??
It has no advantages for this kind of installer, its just some programmers think that real programmer uses 64bit...
Its kind of kicking yourself, because much more 32Bit users exist.
so thumbs down for this one ! 

But anyway this mod has so much graphics and it can be really slow when you look at the ship direction on the streets.
Inside ship its not so big problem. i didnt explore more than 10 minutes maybe so i cannot report any bugs if theres any at all.
Only thing i noticed that character and interior scaling is strange, character has head almost in the ceiling and the famos stairs look very small :)
I will explore more if i can get around that start secuence.

The one who hesitates is lost !

2 years 8 months ago #4 by snowman
Trying to explain using Rob's own words. I did test it on my 32-bit Win7 and reported that it doesn't work. Not that I cared for it to work there, because it's not possible. Maybe with a lower resolution texture pack things will be better on low end PCs. Right now a 32-bit PC has to load a 1.7 Gb scene when it's capped to 1 Gb... the 64-bit patch the mod uses allows to go up to 2Gb.

"The original game uses far less resources than the mod. Texture resolutions are higher, 3D model polycount is far higher, and the amount of assets in the scene are far higher. To give you an idea, a typical mission scene file in mafia is usually around 3-4MB. Titanic's scene file is 33,5MB already and I'm still about to implement a lot of assets."

"Originally, the game is built to use 2GB of RAM of which 1GB is allocated towards resources. With the LAA patch, Mafia's total RAM usage doubles from 2 to 4GB. However, the RAM allocation only doubles from 1 to 2GB. Hence why that is the cap."... "...the game will crash if it loads beyond 1GB of RAM. The Titanic scene is about 1700MB..."

"The installer will give an error upon launching that a 64 bit PC is required. But even if you try to manually copy the files from a 64bit PC towards a 32bit PC, the game will just crash as the RAM usage exceeds the 32 bit limit for the original game.exe. The mod uses a patched executable of 64 bit that allows more RAM usage."

2 years 8 months ago #5 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Mafia Titanic Mod
Yes this would be bigger work to create low texture to reduce loaded data amount from far distance.
I mean, to show only small portion of graphics that is in the close visible range.

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

2 years 8 months ago #6 by snowman
Nice videos coming out :)

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)