TLC Screenshots

8 years 7 months ago #85 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic TLC Screenshots
Maybe on WW3... ? :sarcy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #86 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic TLC Screenshots
;( :cooking:

"Straight and narrow is the path."

8 years 7 months ago #87 by Nikita
You planned an attempt for tonight, Snow ?

8 years 7 months ago #88 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic TLC Screenshots
Thanks for nice vid. Wonder how did you finish the mission? If you go around the map like this, I guess some reinforcement enemies in the south east of the map will not be alerted.
Didn’t try it out but if you manage to reach the village with a Jeep on Sabrefinn’s mod just from the beginning you’ll have that effect. It’s just a script issue.
Maybe you want to try Li3_Littorio which ok, has many enemy vehicles, but tanks with “normal” (slower) turret rotation speed. Also the additional flaks on the roofs in the village are not bound to vehicles like in Li3_Scorpio which is really tough.

My name suggestion for the village would be “Tel el Aqqaquir”. Maybe a good name for a new co-op mod with usable tanks, enemy artillery and so on…

More random effects would be nice for all maps; sure it’s not easy to script that.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #89 by Nikita
Well Ted, TLC is also a place for tactics experiments. Nice choice for the village's name, btw :D

EDIT : Btw, talking about names, the French Wikipedia topic about Sabre Squadron says this : "Nota Bene : La Tunisie étant un protectorat français, toutes les rues de cette petite ville coloniale ont des noms français : place Carnot, rue Parmentier, rue Ronsard, etc."

Means that, the city of Derna (Lybia1) was historicaly a Tunisian one and, under the French "protectorat" (nice politically correct soft word for "occupation" ... :sarcy: ), the streets names were French ones, that's why you see it written all in French on Lybia1 loader. :nod:

8 years 7 months ago #90 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic TLC Screenshots
I guess French Wikipedia is wrong there, maybe also the devs of Sabre who did not research properly :whip:
Libya was an Italian colony at the time of WW2 as far as I understood. Dherna is deep inside Libya and did never belong to Tunisia.

It’s actually a harbor town; I remember it was mentioned in the news a while ago when some fighting went on there.

• Lukasz birthday is in 1 day (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 8 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 9 days (39)