How to Play Coop multiplayer maps in Single player

8 years 11 months ago #19 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic How to Play Coop multiplayer maps in Single player
You should also correct the blocksizes for the actors.bin .file after editing.

If you add objects manually (HEX) or with DCED2 (not sure) there are three blocksizes in actors.bin you need to update:
The blocksize of the whole actors.bin file (=filesize), blocksize of objects and the blocksize of definitions. (see att.)

However you can play most missions even with incorrect blocksizes.. But in that case i'm a perfectionist.. :^^:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #20 by snakeplissken
Replied by snakeplissken on topic How to Play Coop multiplayer maps in Single player
A big problem!

So i tried playing Africa Tank Battle & Rommels Road. But there are maximum only 2 explosives that i can select in player set up. I need much more because there are many tanks in these maps.

Can you fix the number of explosives by increasing them?

8 years 11 months ago #21 by jacobston
So there is still much I need to learn about making missions...

Thanks Stern and BYTM for your tips, they are very helpfull :love:

@snakeplissken: Unfortunately, it is not possible to change equipment on SP missions. The equipment you can choose seems to be hard-coded in the game. My recommendation is to take both explosives and the Bazooka from the start. After that, you can find plenty of Anti-tank weapons scattered around the map, either in ammo crates or on dead Germans. Conserve your ammo and you should be able to make it through with what you have.

8 years 11 months ago #22 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic How to Play Coop multiplayer maps in Single player
About DCED2 and the "rubbish" problem, i'd suggest reading Hawk's DCED Tutorial.

In general you can say, after any change in DCED2 save, close and reopen and then continue.
"rubbish" code appears when deleting definitions but just read the tutorial ;)

DCED2 is a troublemaker for HD2 if not used in the right way

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #23 by Stern
Sicily2(Delivery2) SinglePlayer version.

Played one full test run and it worked fine.

Documents can be selected from equipment selection menu.
There are some other changes in equipment, 8 big medkits and more mines.
Correct objectives are displayed also...

Maybe its good not to give weapons to team members in menu, they might open fire when mission starts.
There are plenty of time to equip them later.

Its useful to put 2 team members on the roof and on the hill, with scoped rifles and move with other 2, to clear the area.

Dwnld click here \o/

The one who hesitates is lost !
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL, Maki

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #24 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic How to Play Coop multiplayer maps in Single player
Nice job. Is it possible to make German uniforms available like in Alps2 and Africa5? How about civilian clothes? Don’t remember if they were selectable in original Single player missions… The idea of the map was that you are disguised as German officer or civilian.

Weapons available in set-up: one allied weapon that makes sense here is the Sten Gun, because the Germans used a copy of it called Geraet Potsdam (“Potsdam device”). Also would be good to have dynamite from the start, although there’s enough of it in the crates. The shotgun is also available for the axis side. The Thompson could be regarded as a kind of Mafia gun…

I don’t know if the selectable weapons can be edited in the gamedata files, never tried to mod them. I think most Axis weapons can be made selectable, if you create a profile in which you took these items into your inventory in the previous missions. I guess you need a profile for each game difficulty.
Maybe you know the Super Trooper single player mods, where the whole team has axis uniforms and items.

As for mission tactics, I guess it’s hard to reach the hill without failing the mission or getting caught by Flak.

• Lukasz birthday is in 2 days (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 9 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 10 days (39)