The great movies teach us ...

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by Nikita
The great movies teach us ... was created by Nikita

Okay, here's a new topic, not to merge with the Movies and Series forum, here's something different ... :mm1:

The idea is : You've seen, in a war movie, something nice and/or specific, that you think it can be useful for us ingame ?
Just share the video and add some words for explaining what you find there which can be good for us :nod:

Alright, here i start it with this famous scene from Saving Private Ryan

For me, everything of a good progression in open terrain is here and can inspire us in TLC :nod:
This is a close formation but the principles remain valid also for a wide formation.

These soldiers don't know what to expect about enemies in front of them, they only know the terrain. So, the BAR, most powerful weapon of the team, progress first as pointman. He never looks back (even when he complains to the TL ...). Here we have a defensive formation so the BAR role is not really to attack first but rather to ensure the first return of fire if the team suddenly runs into an ambush.

Covering the flanks, we have medium / long range soldiers, here with Garand rifles. It's often (but not always) better if left soldiers cover right side and right soldiers cover left side, this ways it provides better shooting angles and also the soldiers can see themselves each others, that provides better visual communication. Also, in case of sudden exchange of shootings, a single gap of one step on the side will allow them to avoid entering the line of fire of their comrades.

Closing the formation, at least one soldier, better two, always keep an eye on the backs of the squad. SAS call them "Tail-End Charlies".
No need long explanations for saying how crucial their role is ...

In the middle of the formation, well protected by the group, we have the VIPs, let's say it : The medic, VIP Number One, and the TL officer, responsible of the squad. On their respective side, the two other unique characters, who are the sniper and the second in command.

Let's observe this squad well, and particularly the soldiers who guard the backs of the group. Look how the soldiers keep all on alert, always one eye for the enemy and one eye for the squad. Spielberg got good technnical advisors (i guess he has the means for ...) :gj:

Definitely yes, this scene shows us the way ... last but not least, even the way to joke by doing the duty ... :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Rs_Funzo, Juanma66, Feldmarshal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #2 by Rs_Funzo
Replied by Rs_Funzo on topic The great movies teach us ...
This is one of my favourite movies ever. I searched the version in Italian too but I found just this original one with French subtitles 8) :D

-VIS ET HONOR-
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lukasz birthday is in 6 days (41)