Tanks resistance to damage in H&D 2?

3 years 5 months ago #1 by p.jakub88
Tanks resistance to damage in H&D 2? was created by p.jakub88
Hello everyone,

from the H&D 2 Singleplayer campaign i know, that enemy tanks could be destroyed by hitting them from the back using handheld anti-tank weapons like Bazooka.

Is there possible to destroy enemy tank by hitting its other sides (like front)? If so, how many hits i will need to blow it up?

I heard while playing H&D 2 multiplayer yesterday, that tanks could be destroyed also by hand grenades. How many grenades i will need to do that?

I remember an enemy tank in the modified Normandy 2 mission that withstood a direct Panzerschreck hit to the front. Not to mention a Panzer III on Libya 2 map that withstood few hits with either Panzerschreck or Panzerfaust. Either the "hit detection system" in H&D 2 is bugged or i am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any information!

"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #2 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Tanks resistance to damage in H&D 2?
Hey Jakub :)

Let's start with grenades. You need 3 grenades that explode either behind the turret(on the tank) or better, just behind the tank. You don't need 2 or 4, exactly 3. I don't know if impact grenades work, never tried.

We always try to hit the tank from the back when it comes to bazooka shots. One good shot is necessary. On Libya 2, the tank in the valley is many times shot with a bazooka from the side. It's a bit hard, you have to hit somewhere in the tracks or between turret and main body... if it makes sense. It's like you need the explosion to hit some soft spots, preferable in the same spot - just like grenades. From the front seems harder to kill a tank, but doable if the explosion lands somewhere under the front part.

It works the same with shooting by a flak gun.

The best way to kill a tank... works every time :lol:

There is another possibility to kill a tank and that's by weapons. You need 6-8 shotgun shots behind the tanks turret to catch fire. Norbert knows of a way to kill the tank with the MAS rifle :gasp:

The most reliable way to kill a tank? Sicky(Explosives), pak cannon or anti-tank mine :mm1:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: p.jakub88

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #3 by p.jakub88
Replied by p.jakub88 on topic Tanks resistance to damage in H&D 2?
Thanks a lot snowman for your quick reply and informations!

That is all i needed. :)

I heard once about shotgun vs tank in H&D 2, but i though it was a joke. LOL.

The video posted by You snowman is like seeing a Wunderwaffe in action or a modern guided missile. LOL.

Time to hunt some panzers! :D

"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

3 years 5 months ago #4 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Tanks resistance to damage in H&D 2?
ISU 152 can be set on fire by static machine guns. Czech 6.

sherman and isu 152 are most vulnerable by nades.

Tiger and Panther can be taken out by 2-3 nades.

Panzer III and Puma can resist a lot of nades.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki, p.jakub88

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)