Jacobston's Uniform Mod

9 years 1 month ago #103 by Max.
Replied by Max. on topic Jacobston's Uniform Mod
it is possible to replace these things on these?

And its real to replace this hat to soviet soldier hat?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #104 by jacobston
Replied by jacobston on topic Jacobston's Uniform Mod
@Max, to make that russian uniform replace the lumberjack, all you have to do is rename the models. You can find the names in my uniform tutorial, at the end.
http://www.rprclan.com/index.php/forum/23-modding/2530-h-d2-new-uniforms-tutorial

The hat on the other hand will not work. I have tried, but have had no avail in replacing that hat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max.

9 years 1 month ago #105 by jacobston

Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker wrote: It would be fine to have some more soldier models that can be used for bots in co-op mode and don’t need to replace any original models/uniforms, just copy e.g. EN09.4ds and rename to FR01.4ds or another name not used in original game and put in other textures. As I have almost finished a French version of the Sherman tank, I’d like to suggest a French tank crew uniform. Don't know if the picture really shows such a uniform, guess they had other helmets

Does this work? I mean, creating a new object or uniform altogether? As far as I knew, the objects in the game were hardcoded :confused:

I suppose it would be possible to use the ID for the flamethrower or something to create a new weapon, but would this work for uniforms?

9 years 1 month ago #106 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic Jacobston's Uniform Mod
Well, if i may add my five cents, just consider that Free French Forces, as Leclerc's 2nd DB, used American equipment as you can see here on this picture posted by Snow , so an American helmet for French tankmen seems not so stupid in this context.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

9 years 1 month ago #107 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic Jacobston's Uniform Mod
Well I made a new soldier/uniform model years ago when I copied Ru02.4ds, renamed it to Ru02b.4ds and assigned it to bots in a co-op mod.

You can make a lot of new soldier or civilian models this way and change the textures as you like it.
I have new male/female civilians or a Russian soldier with white winter trousers using original HD2 textures.
It’s just that you can use these uniforms only for bots and not as selectable item. The bots should have no uniform entry in the items.dat file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobston

9 years 1 month ago #108 by jacobston
I see. That makes sense, though I always like to wear the clothes.
I will try that with a few future uniforms. I'm also looking into making a few new missions, so perhaps that will help.
Thanks for the tip. :mm2:

Nikita wrote: Well, if i may add my five cents, just consider that Free French Forces, as Leclerc's 2nd DB, used American equipment as you can see here on this picture posted by Snow , so an American helmet for French tankmen seems not so stupid in this context.

I imagine the free french forces used a lot of American and British equipment, due to the availability being stationed in Britain and the quality of the more modern equipment.

• spartacus birthday is in 2 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 3 days (39)
  • Wójt birthday is in 7 days (28)