POW maps?

9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Blackakres78
POW maps? was created by Blackakres78
Does anyone remember the POW maps that used to be the craze for a while....maybe about 10 years ago?

Those were amongst the most exciting experiences I ever had with multiplayer HD2.
The role playing and cooperation in POW was so imaginative.

Just curious if anyone else had positive experiences with those old servers.
Wouldn't mind doing more role-playing again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by NL
Replied by NL on topic POW maps?
Yeah I remember POW maps, played a few times.
I don't think it will be possible to do that kind of game play again, too few players and, to be honest, too low quality of players (not skill but attitude)

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by NL
Since you are a veteran, do you remember (if you were aware at all) the VTM (VIP Team Match) play style developed by the ~WCK~ clan around 2005?
I was part of this clan in those days and some of my my best game experiences are from those days.

You are either Defending your VIP or Trying to kill the opposing VIP. Only one team has the VIP at a time. Each map has been customly tailored to encourage teamplay, modifying weapons, uniforms, vehicles, and map items. These maps are currently designed for 16 player servers, 8 player teams. We personally suggest that you play with a team of friends instead of public players and we advise that you use teamspeak to coordinate your team.

9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic POW maps?
Guess i've never played this gamestyle.. However found a few files in the had-gf.de archive and uploaded it here:
Partisan Info & Maps

The rules in english language can be found here .

Am i right that POW and partisan is the same thing?

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by NL
BTW I still have the VTM maps so it would be possible to try this style again if we have about 8 serious players (4 vs 4). Could be an alternative to TLC on some evenings.

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic POW maps?

betteryouthanme wrote: Am i right that POW and partisan is the same thing?

POW is a prisoner of war.
Partisan - Partisan

But i like this gamestyle, its missions from "objectives" style ? I played it online not very long time ago...on some new servers, maybe on ~(Dark)~ server, dont remember.

The one who hesitates is lost !

• 43 birthday is today (57)