Help finding & editing map collision data

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #7 by OriginalDan
Replied by OriginalDan on topic Help finding & editing map collision data

Stern wrote: Good to see that people still working on this game
Ted Striker has worked on models, maybe knows something helpful

I'm relatively new to the game only discovered it about a year ago dunno how i missed it until now lol
I'd see the odd post from the past but doesn't appear to be active anymore :/

Stern wrote: What kind of tool was it ?

djbozkosz created the LS3D Sandbox designed for Mafia 1 attempting to open HD2 files gets you the odd error but atleast lists the objects within the tool but nothing usable from what i could tell.
opening a scene2.bin you'll get "ERROR: Undefined model version: 41 supported: 29" from old modding hd2 threads it's been mentioned hd2 uses newer versions of the .4ds and others so no dice there unless the creator takes another crack at it. Though he works for a games company now which is why he stopped development on it.
an old hidden-and-dangerous.net mentioned hdmaster had contacted him in the past about it guessing that didn't go anywhere.
I've messaged him on his website, youtube and at mafiascene fourm so we'll see if we hear from him soon, if anybody knows how to crack this nut it's him.

There's also the Mafia World Editor by ASM just locks up when i attempt to load a HD2 mission so rip. I messaged ASM about this too though i couldn't find any other sites to contact him on but his last post was 5th of last month we may be in luck but only time will tell.

I know my way around meshes, UVs, animations, materials etc but outside of that when it comes to coding let alone hexediting I'm way out of my element.
So until there's a replay I'll keep myself occupied by painstakingly digging through 1by1 4600+ files with no names to export out various vehicles and weaponry from Heroes and Generals in preparation to overhaul all the defaults in HD2, gotta keep busy somehow eh?

edit: it would also help us greatly if someone could let us know how best to spawn/add vehicles into missions, it would make testing model changes stability in game so much quicker. The amount of dead external links about this on other forums drives me mad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #8 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Help finding & editing map collision data

OriginalDan wrote: edit: it would also help us greatly if someone could let us know how best to spawn/add vehicles into missions, it would make testing model changes stability in game so much quicker. The amount of dead external links about this on other forums drives me mad

How did you do it until now?

There is no way to spawn vehicle out from nothing, like its possible in GTA...
Vehicle must be imported to Actors.bin or scene2.bin.
For importing actually the best way is to do it with HexEditor, you can get into trouble by using DCED to import.
Also AFSVC can be used to import Objects and Definitions. (it also corrects block size values).
Maybe there's some tutorials how to import Objs and Defs by HexEditor, but i cannot point to any link.
I guess you know http://hd2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Editing .

The one who hesitates is lost !

6 years 5 months ago #9 by OriginalDan
Replied by OriginalDan on topic Help finding & editing map collision data

Stern wrote: How did you do it until now?
For importing actually the best way is to do it with HexEditor, you can get into trouble by using DCED to import.
Also AFSVC can be used to import Objects and Definitions. (it also corrects block size values).

Yeah id attempted DCED a few times with the poorly google translated guide then promptly wanted to die at the hex editing parts haha
Didn't come across the AFSVC tool thanks for that.

6 years 5 months ago #10 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic Help finding & editing map collision data
for modding mission i use RevEngEd 2.0 together with Hex Editor.
I use GS Hawk's HD2 Scripter for scripts.dta and items.dat.
For scripting Notepad++ and for finding exact positions 3ds Max with hdmaster's LS3D plugin.

It's a bit difficult to get into RevEngEd but worth the try ;)
If someone knows to program in Java, Ikarus sent me the source code of Revenged once..

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

6 years 5 months ago #11 by JonnySniper
Replied by JonnySniper on topic Help finding & editing map collision data
Hey everbody :)
Is there anybody who Knows the whole Code of tree.klz file?
That‘s the Condition to Write a Tool for this.
Sadly, First i need to fix my bugs with hd2 und windows 10 :/
And then i would try to Write a Tool like that.
But, as already mentioned, we need to Know all about the tree.klz

6 years 5 months ago #12 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic Help finding & editing map collision data
Im I wrong thinking that this works best if added to 3ds max ?
DCED style menu to work with Actors.bin and even some functions from HD2scripter.
(HD2 scripter has open source)
Some good features from Revenged...

This way you'll need only one program to mod HD2.
Someone who knows C++, C#, Jawa ? all together.

The one who hesitates is lost !

• 43 birthday is in 2 days (57)