H&D2 Server Manager Source Code

3 years 2 days ago #19 by Maletzki
Replied by Maletzki on topic H&D2 Server Manager Source Code
In my mind it's better to re-program the whole Server Manager to C++ application, just for many reasons. Starting with Pascal as reason 1

Playing H&D2 since 2007.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 day ago - 3 years 1 day ago #20 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic H&D2 Server Manager Source Code
Yes, but who is going to do it ?
U know someone who is willing to work on this ?
This is not a day or two job...

Still better to make it work in newer Delphi and fix errors and re-compile it.

The one who hesitates is lost !

3 years 20 hours ago #21 by MeToX
Replied by MeToX on topic H&D2 Server Manager Source Code
Well, which features exactly would you like to add, apart from the features the regular ServerManager already has?

3 years 1 hour ago #22 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic H&D2 Server Manager Source Code
Well, some way to duplicate a server config would be nice. Settings templates would also be nice: coop, deathmatch, occupation, objectives.

Fixing the known timeout and data limit "bug" Stern found are most important right now. If this can be done, reading data from different maplists would be a nice feature to have.

I was thinking if it would be possible to install maps on the server, via the server manager

"Straight and narrow is the path."

2 years 11 months ago #23 by MeToX
Replied by MeToX on topic H&D2 Server Manager Source Code
Sorry that I continue asking, but to make a theoretical plan I need some more specific infos.

Well, some way to duplicate a server config would be nice.

Isn't that already a thing? When I start the "ServerLauncher.exe" and look on the left where the configs are listed, I can see a "duplicate" button, or am I missunderstanding this?

Settings templates would also be nice: coop, deathmatch, occupation, objectives.

Isn't a template just like the config files listed on the left? So you could make a deathmatch.cfg for example, or how else do you imagine implement this?

Fixing the known timeout and data limit "bug" Stern found are most important right now. If this can be done, reading data from different maplists would be a nice feature to have.

Well, if the whole thing will be rewritten in C or C++ anyways, then we won't have these kind of bugs anymore.

I was thinking if it would be possible to install maps on the server, via the server manager

This one is a bit more complicated. You mean like uploading new maps while the server is running? Or just like a direct upload to the mod repository on the dedicated server?

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #24 by Stern
Replied by Stern on topic H&D2 Server Manager Source Code
What i would think of the map uploader is that ServerManager should have File transfer function and Console is in game directory anyway so it should just transfer files to HD2 main dir. (at remote server machine). The no need to log in to remote machine. And this can have a delete functione, just a file browser for HD2 main dir and sub-dirs.
And this should work for mamaplist.txt.
to make typical management only via ServerManager.

Config files for present ServerManager2.9 are with different style, its better to use HD2 style config files,
Additional settings can be stored to secondary file (example: server messages)

The one who hesitates is lost !

• Lukasz birthday is today (41)
  • spartacus birthday is in 7 days (63)
  • Kahuna birthday is in 8 days (39)