New CO-OP Maps

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #313 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic New CO-OP Maps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #314 by Winters
Replied by Winters on topic New CO-OP Maps
Dear @ProSabre

I'll write what I think about this "situation" here. I have already posted this message and my thoughts on discord server on #the_barracks channel but seems you left before reading it.

A little introduction because I wanted to mention it at the beginning.

Most of all, as far as I know, English is your native language, and you're terribly hurting it in your messages and it's hard to understand what you write or what you mean. It would be nice if you'd better format your statements. This is just my kind request, you will do what you want anyway. English is not my native language but I still try to write and express myself without any mistakes as much as possible - of course, I happen to make them.

Going back to the topic regarding "legal issues", "modding" etc. I will quote fragments and reply to them because you are confusing a lot of terms you have raised here.

ProSabre wrote:
author's wills.

you can not make software with out written consent and permission from over authors and then claim you own copywrites.

How you know that editor was written and based on other work? As far as I know editor was written using publicly available libraries. If it is true your "accusation" is invalid.

Therefore if he (FlashX) wrote a program, he have copyrights - he is the author of it and have the right to decide what he want to do and what not wont to do with it. If you have received files of the editor, it means that you might need to accept the conditions that are associated with this editor to be able to use this program. If you do not accept, nobody is forcing you to use these tools. Simple as that.

ProSabre wrote:
Reversed code, hacking. cracking. educational purposes. Part of my knowledge and lot overs go into this software.

Into what? Lutsip editor? You seem very confident about it.

ProSabre wrote:
we all contribute in some way. you don't have any legal wrights, you need a software licence and they cost.

Of course we are. Isn't this great feel to keep game alive? Licence to what? to kill like James Bond 007...

ProSabre wrote:
Any program not licence. do you even know what you risk if you download and open unsolicited software.

Well soon as you pop that file in you pc and open it. you wonder why you been hacked, backdoor ect.

Its not hard to write a program to shut down and take full control of your pc and network features.

Of course, everyone does what they think, right or wrong.

ProSabre wrote:

Hd2 is copyright... but we still make maps. we still share about to help overs out.

believe me agree to who ever you like here. but their laws and terms and agreement .

Here fun is starting. I think you flew to moon or further here. What you are talking about? Making new maps is not illegal as far as you for example don't decompile hard coded engine files or you don't sell it or make profit from it*

*There are some exception in other games where you can receive profit from your work but this isn't a subject here.

Ok then, please show me then terms and agreement regarding "modding" for H&D2.

ProSabre wrote:
the file been passed to me. with parts of my theory's and knowledge.

i don't personally even need this editor it could been written to steal stuff.

Even if, no one forced you to do it right? Then just don't use it. Simple as that.

ProSabre wrote:
so yeah whether I'm wright or wrong. their is no freedom to software and you can not claim or even add legal terms to a executable
that you have revised yourself from over people stuff..

Wow strong accusation, any proofs?

ProSabre wrote:
Read about software laws. i did. So put you trust in flash software. really is an editor going save hd2 ?

Yes, its already happening. We can produce content for us - community, much quicker and faster than just "having fun" with binaries and hex code. But whatever who likes what. All respect to people using these techniqe. I have also remember times when Zdenda was doing missions. Tools were just like that at the time being then. All respect from me for this and his and any other people doing missions back and now. <3

ProSabre wrote:
some of you guys really depending on this editor and and most you no clue how 2 even build maps.

Hmm.. you are talking about yourself? :) Its never late to learn new stuff...

ProSabre wrote:
Get real. i might of even done you a favour posting this.

Thank you so much. You are such the hero we didn't deserve! ;) #sarcasm in case you will not get it.

I didn't mean to offend you @ProSabre in every way possible. When I was writing this message on discord you seemed to left the server. This are just my thoughts. Lets keep this game alive, lets produce more and new content and lets have fun from it with whatever tools we want.

Peace and love.

EOT
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, WANGER, Dayron

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #315 by ProSabre
Replied by ProSabre on topic New CO-OP Maps
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Winters, WANGER

3 years 6 months ago #316 by Winters
Replied by Winters on topic New CO-OP Maps
I have no problems with you as well mate

ProSabre wrote:
I know he's the author..

but you can not just put terms and anyone could shared programme themselves . i not the only one with it.

This is not something I made, FlashX - author of his code/software made these rules to follow.

ProSabre wrote:
not on discord ? must pressed something was looking at options.

okay lets enjoy. move on . doesn't mater what i think.. continue on..

Yeah I've got some informations that you left when I was at the time writing previous message on discord.

Come back to us then and lets make more nice stuff for H&D2 :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

3 years 6 months ago #317 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic New CO-OP Maps

Stern wrote: I'd like to see Si2 with deep water in the river...
What would happen with AI, if placed in water ? (I mean functional water)
Will it flaot ?

Once i added enemies with aqualung to Norway. they float under water with swin movements of the legs. they even shoot with weapon on shoulder :gasp:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Stern

3 years 6 months ago #318 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic New CO-OP Maps
The bad news is, you must bring the scenery to the water, not the other way around.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman

• Kahuna birthday is today (39)
  • Wójt birthday is in 4 days (28)